Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    He said the negro I think which is the offensive part

People are re defining his words to "the black guy" when it isnt what he said
    He was speaking Romanian, which is why they're translating. Like many romance languages Negru (Negro) literally means black, let's be honest no one would be hiding the story behind a literal translation if it wasn't the truth because it's just boring and seriously damages their narrative that we all know they want to run with.

This is the perpetually offended society we live in. Surprised they're not making people change the Spanish and Romanian languages at this point...

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I don't get the outrage at this? It's simply pointing out what is almost certainly his most obvious and distinguishing physical feature. Literally no different than saying the tall guy, the bald guy, the white guy (think NFL or NBA), the fat guy or whatever. If you don't know someone's name then it's an easy way to clear up who you mean.

People are so committed to finding offense in non-offensive things.
    Nah. You can easily describe someone without saying "the black guy". Maybe it's acceptable in Romania, but he's in France. He should probably understand where he is. If Youre in Africa You can get away with calling Asian people all sorts but not in Asia.

You could probably say it when you're in a group with mates and not actually interacting with said guy.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Nah. You can easily describe someone without saying "the black guy". Maybe it's acceptable in Romania, but he's in France. He should probably understand where he is. If Youre in Africa You can get away with calling Asian people all sorts but not in Asia.

You could probably say it when you're in a group with mates and not actually interacting with said guy.
    You can "easily describe" anyone without using physical traits if you want to go far enough but it's going to be a hell of a lot quicker, especially in a time sensitive situation like this one, to use what is the most blatantly obvious physical traits to do it, it's just common sense.

Again, saying that someone is black is in absolutely no way derogatory, it's literally just an actual tangible physical trait, you know hence the whole black lives matter being in reference to the exact same black skin. Can you imagine if Gary Ablett took the same offense to being called bald? There's no tangible difference between the two, if you're black then you're black, being described as black isn't racist, it's literally just descriptive (without getting into the whole no one is actually black/black isn't even a colour tangent). Anyone who is implying some kind of implied slight by being described by your skin colour in a purely descriptive fashion (as it what happened here) is simply looking for offense for the sake of it.

The simple fact is these guys are just looking for an excuse to be outraged and they manufactured one here. It's actually one of the stupidest things I've seen to react how they've reacted to an umpire describing a person with an adjective that 100% applies to said person.

I mean if you were looking at Christian McCaffrey at the scouting combine in the RB group and wanted to quickly draw attention to him, how would you do it? I know exactly what I'd say and you're damn right it is "he's the white guy" where that is his absolutely unique trait.

For me the only person who would find calling someone who is a black guy a black guy in any way offensive is so racist that they think calling someone a black guy is in some way a negative comment. How little do you need to think of yourself and your skin colour that someone calling you a black guy is the kind of insult you want everyone to storm off a field over? Fark, just imagine if all the white guys in the NBA/NFL got as offended by being called the white guy...

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Juventus v Porto was a bit tasty

Magnificent effort from ten man Porto to get the second away goal. Well deserved, the better side over the two legs. Pirlo should start packing his bags now I think.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Neville View Post
    Juventus v Porto was a bit tasty

Magnificent effort from ten man Porto to get the second away goal. Well deserved, the better side over the two legs. Pirlo should start packing his bags now I think.
    Should have been at the airport and flown away 3 months ago now. Very weird he has this job this long on

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    QF Draw has been conducted.

Man City v Dortmund
    Porto v Chelsea
    Bayern v PSG
    Real Madrid v Liverpool

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    When's Europa 2 league start? Keen to try make qtr finals in that

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Europa QF:

Granada v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Slavia Prague
    Ajax v Roma
    Dinamo Zagreb v Villarreal

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Manager in the Man City game will be driving a shiny new Mercedes with Abu Dhabi plates home tonight
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger