Close

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Rep Level
    West Indies Cricket News: BCCI demands $42m in damages from WICB | ESPN Cricinfo
    Be interesting how this all plays out. I think it's pretty concerning as a cricket fan. This triumverate approach we now have in charge of the game is so clearly focused on money rather than the continued health of the game.

The Windies are a pretty good example of the disparity in wealth between different nations. They simly don't have near the revenue base of Australia, England or of course India (no one does). But it's a professional sport, players have to earn as much as they can. So when they aren't making shit out of playing for their country compared with the big nations, yet have the easy IPL money on offer of course they will take those options.

The IPL of course further weakens Windies cricket as it is run in line with where their international season was, forcing the players to choose, further weakening the local product and further making it difficult to make any cash.

No one is going to say the Windies board has been run particularly well, other wise they would have some money. But it's really a multitude of factors that leave us with this scenario. The big three looking out for themselves is a huge part of it.

Teams
    das it rocky and beamsy fc
    Rep Level

Teams
    Rep Level

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers

Our World Cup strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    back in yellow

Banned
    Teams
    Carlton minus Trigg
    Rep Level
    99 world cup shirt was best and will always be the best

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    I'm thinking about getting one of the 91 replicas that they're selling now

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Also considering that

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Looks a little too much on the lemon side of yellow, but better than being in green like Pakistan, South Africa and pretty much everyone else.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    'Disappointed' Maxwell backs himself as a Test batsman

When I got told I was batting at three I thought it was going to be an unbelievable opportunity and a great chance to give the selectors something to think about, if I could take some runs and get some wickets, when it came to the Aussie summer," Maxwell said.
    I was told to go out there and play my natural game and whatever happens, happens. I played really well in the first innings, just got one that gripped, and they were fine with that. In the second innings I just got undone; unfortunately I just couldn't get through that stage.
    "They back me to play that reverse sweep no matter what the situation of the game. They understand for me that it's no different from a cover drive for any other batter. They have instilled confidence in me to play that shot and they have seen it come off time and again. They accept the fact that for me it's a normal shot, it's no different from someone else getting beaten in defence. My best form of defence is attack anyway, so they would much rather me go out playing my natural game than defending and getting caught at bat pad," Maxwell said.
    reverse sweep no different to a cover drive. k.

Rep Level
    He would be so hated in that team. There is no way in the world any self-respecting Test cricketer who has worked their arse to get there would put up with shit like that.

Young Gun
    Teams
    Fremantle
    Rep Level
    Maxwell's not really the problem though, he's a decent enough short form player and he didn't pick himself as the test number three, this is the frightening bit:

I was told to go out there and play my natural game ... whatever happens, happens.

I played well in the first innings [37 off 28 balls] ... they were fine with that.

They understand for me that it's no different from a cover drive for any other batter. They accept the fact that for me it's a normal shot, it's no different from someone else getting beaten in defence.
    So the selectors decided that the best man to put as the Australian number 3 is a bloke who can nail the odd reverse sweep, and give him free reign to do so, whatever happens, happens? That's literally what Maxwell is implying. Meanwhile Pakistan's number 3 batsmen averaged 3 and a half hours at the crease across the series. Was he the last Australian passport holder left in the UAE? Did they seriously think he would chase down the opposition total in one session, fuck me what a truly fucked decision that was

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Maxwell's not really the problem though, he's a decent enough short form player and he didn't pick himself as the test number three, this is the frightening bit:

So the selectors decided that the best man to put as the Australian number 3 is a bloke who can nail the odd reverse sweep, and give him free reign to do so, whatever happens, happens? That's literally what Maxwell is implying. Meanwhile Pakistan's number 3 batsmen averaged 3 and a half hours at the crease across the series. Was he the last Australian passport holder left in the UAE? Did they seriously think he would chase down the opposition total in one session, fuck me what a truly fucked decision that was
    Great post. Tapa liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Absolutely fantastic. Will rep shortly.

Teams
    #TeamGigi
    Rep Level
    Plus he's the best batsman in the country. So he should be given free reign to do whatever he likes.

The question I am asking, if Watson was fit to play two days after the 2nd test, why wasn't he flown over during the break between the first and second test to play?

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    That Maxwell article is GOAT

Teams
    Rep Level
    Pak are 1/300 v nz

Sent from my iPhone using #swag

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Richie Benaud undergoing radiotherapy for skin cancer, expected to call in Sydney. Bill Lawry was also in the publicity photo also, so he's likely commentating somewhere

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level

Rep Level
    Accidentally left an 'other' option in the poll in that story. Submitted entries included 'watching grass grow', 'beach tip and run', 'skiing' and 'Teletubbies'

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Australia Cricket Features: Benaud, Bill and the field of memories | ESPN Cricinfo

Was going to say Richie is looking terrible but I think he's just looking his age

Joining Benaud on stage was Bill Lawry, at Nine's cricket launch for a summer that takes in series against South Africa and India before a triangular tournament with India and England and, finally, the 2015 World Cup. Seldom shy of an opinion where Benaud has often sat artfully on the fence, Lawry suspended the warning about skin cancer with a glistening-eyed reminiscence of his own.

"He'd burst through the gate with the shirt open and the Brylcreem and the tan, it was just magnificent," he said. "Forget the skin cancers Richie, you looked beautiful back then."

Those cunts who've come in the box in the last 15 years (bar mark taylor) can't hold a candle to those two

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    NSW just had 3 drops in an over