Close

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters

Summer of Cricket - T20's, Tests + ODI's v India. (Sri Lanka later)

I like Doolan simply because it's the best addition to the existing structure, slotting him in at 3.

Shaun Marsh shouldn't bat at 3, the opening partnership isn't broke, and Head isn't #3 either. Only other option presenting itself is to add another opener into the mix in Renshaw or Harris.

Agree he shouldn't get a look in because of doing SFA otherwise, but its a better option than moving Khawaja to 3, or watching Marsh try to combat the new ball.

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    I like Doolan simply because it's the best addition to the existing structure, slotting him in at 3.

Shaun Marsh shouldn't bat at 3, the opening partnership isn't broke, and Head isn't #3 either. Only other option presenting itself is to add another opener into the mix in Renshaw or Harris.

Agree he shouldn't get a look in because of doing SFA otherwise, but its a better option than moving Khawaja to 3, or watching Marsh try to combat the new ball.
    okay, I see the reasoning. I swear there is a stat which showcases SMarsh best batting possie is 4-5. Head isn't another 3 but what other option do we have outside an Harris or Doolan.

AF
    UK
    Head
    SMarsh
    Wade
    MMarsh(grrrr, but he is going to get picked so I should shut up about it)
    TP
    Bowlers
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Finch
    Renshaw imo, but Harris has better form.
    Khawaja
    Head
    Shaun
    Mitch
    Paine
    Cummins
    Starc
    Hazlewood
    Lyon

12th man - Dan Worrall or Jackson Bird

If it were up to me I'd be going Dan Hughes before Harris. Career average nudging 40 and three scores of 50+ this season. I don't get the Harris hype at all personally, hard to understand how a bloke apparently so good has only just got his average up over 35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level

Summer of Cricket - T20's, Tests + ODI's v India. (Sri Lanka later)

T20 series begins tonight up the GABBA and apparently there is some rain around. I swear for a state that boasts sunny weather every damn day they sure do have a lot of events ruined by rain storms. Anyway, T20 squads below and I'll also move a few recent posts in here regarding Test selection and the like.

Would love to see Kohli have an absolute mare of a series just to see how hard the twitter Indians go.

Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Alex Carey (vc, wk), Ashton Agar, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Chris Lynn, Glenn Maxwell, Ben McDermott, D'Arcy Short, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa.

India: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Dinesh Karthik, Rishabh Pant (wk), Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Washington Sundar, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav, Khaleel Ahmed.

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    I wonder how much cred a 50 for Labuschagne against the test attack will get him? Could be a decent option at 3 if they allow him to be.

Between Finch, Khawaja, Warner, Bancroft, Burns, Renshaw all in the mix for 2 opening positions, I reckon they'll just see any other opener as just overly complicating an already complicated position and won't entertain Harris.

The other one that's probably half a chance is Handscomb, but some pretty ordinary dismissals in the last 2 games might count against him

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    1st test:

Finch
    Harris
    Khawaja
    S.Marsh
    Handscomb
    Wade
    Paine
    Cummins
    Starc
    Hazlewood
    Lyon

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Australia XI: Aaron Finch (c), D'Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Ben McDermott, Alex Carey (wk), Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa, Billy Stanlake #AUSvIND

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Fucken rain

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Lol didnít even know was on.

What an organisation

Teams
    Rep Level
    Only a matter of time before Stoinis fails a drug test, surely, unless I'm missing the worst case of glaucoma ever seen.

Bloke looks consistently fried.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Also while I'm throwing around unsubstantiated allegations. If anyone's a PED cheat in world cricket, it's Chris Lynn.

Bloke goes from being a Shield hack to almost overnight being one of the biggest power hitters in the game, whilst constantly being hampered by soft tissue injuries and a noticeable change in appearance.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    LC

Teams
    Rep Level
    https://www.cricket.com.au/news/darr...ion/2018-11-21

Not bad from Justwhackit. Hadn't considered the left hander balance. Fuck off Head it is

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Also while I'm throwing around unsubstantiated allegations. If anyone's a PED cheat in world cricket, it's Chris Lynn.

Bloke goes from being a Shield hack to almost overnight being one of the biggest power hitters in the game, whilst constantly being hampered by soft tissue injuries and a noticeable change in appearance.
    Biggest shield hack? Pretty sure he has the highest average of all our domestic batsman. It's just he hasn't played in 4 years due to injury/ chasing cash.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    TEST SQUAD
    Aaron Finch, Marcus Harris, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Travis Head, Chris Tremain

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    FC average of about 43 I think. Looking over the season averages in the Shield in the late 90s, that would barely get you in the top 25.

Whether you agree with my assessment of hack or not, the sudden rise in stature to be one of the best T20 bats practically over night, as well as suddenly being able to smash a ball a lot further than he did is very suss for mine.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    TEST SQUAD
    Aaron Finch, Marcus Harris, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Travis Head, Chris Tremain
    If Jadeja plays, I'd go:

Finch
    Khawaja
    Handscomb
    S.Marsh
    Head
    M.Marsh

Harris for Head if Ashwin plays. Seems such a dumb over-complicated selection all things considered.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Man, Laurie Harper made 4 tons in the Shield in 97/98. Laurie Harper.

Anyone makes 4 tons today, they may as well be captain.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Harris is debuting. Handscomb only added as cover for Usman but all seems fine there.

Finch, Harris, Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Head, Mitch Marsh etc etc. I'd be switching Shaun and Head if I had things my way.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Some debate between News Corp and Fairfax as to whether Peter Siddle has been added as a 5th seam option. With Tremain in this seems unlikely but Fairfax are rolling with him in.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    Vics team will be pretty ordinary, taking out Tremain, Harris and Handscomb.

Maxwell back in, I guess Vines also. No idea who opens with Dean.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    I reckon they'll probably release Handscomb, Tremain and Siddle if selected.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    Where'd you get the idea Handscomb is cover for Khawaja? Can't find it anywhere.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Where'd you get the idea Handscomb is cover for Khawaja? Can't find it anywhere.
    Yeah, all I have seen is Head & Handscomb are competing for the last spot in the batting order :-

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...5dcaf67389d07a

Head and Handscomb are reportedly locked in a duel for the final middle-order position to bat behind Aaron Finch, Harris, Usman Khawaja and Shaun Marsh.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    At least they picked a like for a like. Etc, they needed an opener(number 3) and they picked one in Harris. If you get rid of that 250*, then he averages 37 for the year so far, which isn't too bad mind you when you discount someone's top score but sounds a lot than the 88.7 he actually averages.. I am not convinced by him but such is.

Not against Sids or Tremain. Handscomb is crap though. Any blue cap for a baggy green one. How many Vics and NSW are in the squad. damn.
    Scunthorpe