Close

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    KP has to be added to the test squad now, outstanding performance.

I would rather we open with Harris & Khawaja, Lambo at 3.

Then KP, Pucovski & Head as our top 6.

Renshaw looks way out of form & Burns too loose outside off stump, neither showed enough to warrant a test recall.

Time to debut 2 batsmen who actually look to have some class about them/ sound technically.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    CA confirm KP won't be added - Tom Decent
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    CA confirm KP won't be added - Tom Decent
    Fucking idiots.

We desperately need class young batsmen & this guy shows them exactly what we are after yet the muppet selectors say “No thanks Jeff”

No wonder we are so shit currently.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    Harris, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Patterson, Head, Pucovski, Paine, Cummins, Starc, Richardson/Siddle, Lyon

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    CA confirm KP has now been added to the squad.

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    What a shit show.

I am happy KP is in. unhappy about the panic the selectors are doing.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The mistake made was naming the Test squad prior to a game being used to decide spots, but KP really should have been named prior anyway. I just hope he actually plays.

Its hard sometimes

Rep Level
    If there was some sort of competitive long form cricket competition that selectors could use to learn which players are in form and how they could possibly fit into the national team

Rep Level
    Alex Carey has been found out in recent times. Needs to work on his foot work a ton if he is going to be so uncomfortable with the short on off side deliveries
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Rep Level
    I'd love to bowl to him as a spinner. He's going to sweep 80% of the time, usually late, and if not play straight, with a rare reverse sweep.

Packed leg side field and a really close mid off. If he hits me through on the on side, so be it. Not particularly convinced there's a lot of power on the bigger grounds to be sweeping me out the ground either.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    I'd love to bowl to him as a spinner. He's going to sweep 80% of the time, usually late, and if not play straight, with a rare reverse sweep.

Packed leg side field and a really close mid off. If he hits me through on the on side, so be it. Not particularly convinced there's a lot of power on the bigger grounds to be sweeping me out the ground either.
    To me it's another symptom of his lack of foot work really

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Travis Head and Pat Cummins have been named co vice-captains for Australia's upcoming Test series against Sri Lanka, beginning Thursday in Brisbane.

Very surprised at Head being a vice captain....
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Much like when Smith was named VC, there are no other leaders.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting has named two debutants in his preferred batting line-up to take on Sri Lanka in the first Domain Test in Brisbane.

The Test great has included New South Welshman Kurtis Patterson and Victorian Will Pucovski in his top six for the Gabba.

Patterson is in superb form after hammering scores of 157 and 102 against Sri Lanka for the Cricket Australia XI in Hobart last week.

The left-hander was rewarded for his rich vein of form with a late call-up to the Test squad and Ponting has put him at No.4 in his line-up.

Patterson also boasts an incredible record against the pink ball, punching out four centuries among 715 runs at an average of 65 from 14 innings.

Ponting says he can’t find room for either Queenslander in his side, opting to stick with Usman Khawaja at the top of the order.

“I think I’d be tempted to open with Khawaja again,” Ponting said.

“He opened in the last Test match against India and that would leave (Marnus) Labuschagne at three. I’d probably go with Kurtis Patterson at four and Travis Head at five and Pucovski at six.

Australia’s most senior batsman, Khawaja passed 50 just once from seven innings against India and made 27 and 4 not out as an opener in the last Test in Sydney.

He does, however, average 96.80 from seven innings at the top of the order in Tests, including two tons.

Ponting’s XI: Marcus Harris, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Kurtis Patterson, Travis Head, Will Pucovski, Tim Paine (c/wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle/Jhye Richardson

Agree with Ponting - I want Richo in the 11 & Siddle 12th man though.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Rep Level
    As shit as Siddle has been in the ODI series, I reckon he'd do plenty with the pink ball in the night session, and I'd prefer him with the new ball than Richardson, or having a Cummins/Starc new ball partnership.

Rep Level
    Travis Head being vice captain is a bit like picking the person too have custody of your child when you die and being like "Well he smokes the least amount of crack out of everyone" as your key pillar of reasoning

The answer here isnt to measure the crackheadness. The answer is to pick no one