Close

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 700 of 890
  1. #676
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,630
    Rep Level
    2898
    Rep Power
    95
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    So India is through the tail and into the upper lower order now...

    Pretty good wagging by our tail at least.

  2. #677
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    13,596
    Rep Level
    26169
    Rep Power
    809
    WCE Toast WCE
    in4 Patty triple, and 5-for leading us to glorious victory

  3. #678
    Elite Joe Davola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Adelaide
    Teams
    Adelaide, Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Posts
    912
    Rep Level
    922
    Rep Power
    50
    Adelaide Crows Sunderland
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Over this McGrath Foundation shit.

    Glenn McGrath was a flat track bully as a bowler who gave out plenty and sulked it up when he copped it back. It's a day that really only serves to rehabilitate his image as a prick who hunted and killed wild animals on safari, and we pretend that he didn't move on from his wife to his current one less than a year after she died (complete with my favorite media clip of meeting her at the airport with waiting media pack, with his oversized 4WD parked in an emergency parking zone in the background).

    At best you can say that the McGrath Foundation has better PR than the rest of the other cynical not-for-profit tax writeoffs that every other cricketer of his era had set up. For every McGrath Foundation, there's 10 Shane Warne Foundations stealing money from people who genuinely need the help they claim to offer.


    Probably a little insensitive but you’re not far wrong.
    Formerly known as meh

  4. #679
    Elite LC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Posts
    974
    Rep Level
    2697
    Rep Power
    69
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    Fuck 'em, they're a scam. They're just not the bar of scams as Warney's knocked that out the park.

    Also whilst researching these charities earlier today, I came across this (Thorpey's was apparently the best performed charity of 2011) - Ian Thorpes Fountain for Youth -

    Second post....

  5. #680
    übermensch showdownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Level
    18922
    Rep Power
    593
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Super unlucky, Lambo.
    No it wasn’t. That was exactly what the Indians had planned for him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

  6. #681
    Veteran wolfgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,904
    Rep Level
    6219
    Rep Power
    183
    Smarsh has to be the worst batsman to get a consistent run in the test team ever. 9/10 times he goes out in single digits prodding at a ball outside off that could be left.

    I never thought I'd long for the days of Voges

  7. #682
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    13,596
    Rep Level
    26169
    Rep Power
    809
    WCE Toast WCE
    I do enjoy how all our batsman have massive deficiencies and CBF working on them. A solid spot in the Test team is worth, what, at least $4m a year (in contract and endorsements)? Nah, that's not enough incentive to hit the nets and work some shit out, just gonna keep getting out the same way and rotating in and out of the side. Cummins and Lyon the two putting the most work into their batting

  8. #683
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    14,371
    Rep Level
    16540
    Rep Power
    744
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    900k base CA contract (assuming you land one) then ~15k per Test match last time I checked (14, 15 per test, 7k for an ODI, 5k for a T20). Not including personal sponsorships and endorsements etc.

    Those match payments may even be last years numbers. In fact I'm kinda certain they are right now.

    Edit - yeah 2017 numbers. Did find out each player in the ODI World Cup squad received a 350k bonus for winning.

    Edit two - taking 5 wickets or scoring a hundred in a Test innings or ODI results in match fee being doubled.
    Last edited by Rumblah; 5th January 2019 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

    Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

    Its hard sometimes

  9. #684
    übermensch showdownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Level
    18922
    Rep Power
    593
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

  10. #685
    Veteran wolfgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,904
    Rep Level
    6219
    Rep Power
    183
    You didn't know that was his name?

  11. #686
    Veteran trigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Posts
    2,834
    Rep Level
    5687
    Rep Power
    174
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    900k base CA contract (assuming you land one) then ~15k per Test match last time I checked (14, 15 per test, 7k for an ODI, 5k for a T20). Not including personal sponsorships and endorsements etc.

    Those match payments may even be last years numbers. In fact I'm kinda certain they are right now.

    Edit - yeah 2017 numbers. Did find out each player in the ODI World Cup squad received a 350k bonus for winning.

    Edit two - taking 5 wickets or scoring a hundred in a Test innings or ODI results in match fee being doubled.
    George Bailey definately got that World Cup bonus, and I dont think he played much at all.

  12. #687
    übermensch showdownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Level
    18922
    Rep Power
    593
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post

    Glenn McGrath was a flat track bully as a bowler
    yeah, nah
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

  13. #688
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    14,371
    Rep Level
    16540
    Rep Power
    744
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    George Bailey definately got that World Cup bonus, and I dont think he played much at all.
    You're right, I thought he played just about every match wtf

    I was positive Clarke missed a large portion of it through injury and pulled rank for the final. Am I thinking of something else?
    Last edited by Rumblah; 6th January 2019 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

    Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

    Its hard sometimes

  14. #689
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,247
    Rep Level
    13585
    Rep Power
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Over this McGrath Foundation shit.

    Glenn McGrath was a flat track bully as a bowler who gave out plenty and sulked it up when he copped it back. It's a day that really only serves to rehabilitate his image as a prick who hunted and killed wild animals on safari, and we pretend that he didn't move on from his wife to his current one less than a year after she died (complete with my favorite media clip of meeting her at the airport with waiting media pack, with his oversized 4WD parked in an emergency parking zone in the background).

    At best you can say that the McGrath Foundation has better PR than the rest of the other cynical not-for-profit tax writeoffs that every other cricketer of his era had set up. For every McGrath Foundation, there's 10 Shane Warne Foundations stealing money from people who genuinely need the help they claim to offer.
    Huh? The McGrath foundation helps fucking no one.
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

  15. #690
    übermensch showdownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Level
    18922
    Rep Power
    593
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    ABC grandstand going HAM on selectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

  16. #691
    Veteran yeah_nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    9,617
    Rep Level
    22606
    Rep Power
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    ABC grandstand going HAM on selectors

    Was just listening to this too. Good shit

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

    I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

  17. #692
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    14,371
    Rep Level
    16540
    Rep Power
    744
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Cliffs or link when available pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

    Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

    Its hard sometimes

  18. #693
    Veteran yeah_nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    9,617
    Rep Level
    22606
    Rep Power
    615
    Cliffs were:
    Should make the expectations clearly understood
    Must be able to articulate Why a player is being dropped
    Should have more current cricketers involved in selections (example was Bailey)
    Focus shouldn't be on aus team because stocks are so weak we need to focus this at all levels below national otherwise won't have anyone to select from

    Prob some I missed too

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

    I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

  19. #694
    übermensch showdownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Level
    18922
    Rep Power
    593
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    cummins robbed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

  20. #695
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    14,371
    Rep Level
    16540
    Rep Power
    744
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Cliffs were:
    Should make the expectations clearly understood
    Must be able to articulate Why a player is being dropped
    Should have more current cricketers involved in selections (example was Bailey)
    Focus shouldn't be on aus team because stocks are so weak we need to focus this at all levels below national otherwise won't have anyone to select from

    Prob some I missed too

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I've never understood the notion of dropped players having to receive phone calls and explanations as to why they've been dropped. 100% with Mark Waugh on this.

    Jon Holland and Chadd Sayers publicly sooking about this did my fucking head in. You were both awful - no one to blame but yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

    Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

    Its hard sometimes

  21. #696
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,247
    Rep Level
    13585
    Rep Power
    669
    Can see it now

    Shaun Marsh - "Can you explain why I was dropped"
    Mark Waugh - "Okay no problem, just give me a second, gotta out my phone on charge otherwise it will go flat before I'm finished"
    Shaun Marsh -"Phone nearly flat huh?"
    Mark Waugh - "No it's at 98%"
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

  22. #697
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    14,371
    Rep Level
    16540
    Rep Power
    744
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Thank fuck. Fair nut from Bumrah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

    Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

    Its hard sometimes

  23. #698
    übermensch showdownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Level
    18922
    Rep Power
    593
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    I've never understood the notion of dropped players having to receive phone calls and explanations as to why they've been dropped. 100% with Mark Waugh on this.

    Jon Holland and Chadd Sayers publicly sooking about this did my fucking head in. You were both awful - no one to blame but yourselves.
    Why should a national cricket squad operate differently to every other sporting team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

  24. #699
    Veteran wolfgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,904
    Rep Level
    6219
    Rep Power
    183
    Finally we have two batsmen at the crease. I really don't understand our reverse order batting line up

  25. #700
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,247
    Rep Level
    13585
    Rep Power
    669
    Kuldeep would be legit great at T20
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •