Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    he couldn't hack being back at international level judging by that. this cunt used to be the chief one one dishing it out, strong resilience on the receiving end - crack shits over (fair) sloot wife comments, takes bat and goes home at (fairly) being called a disgrace

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Shaun Marsh out for 98. Would have preferred he finish the job himself but I think he's safe. Just bat him at 5 pls JL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Hilton Cartwright finishes 84* as well. Really hope he can put together a good Summer at Shield level. Batting three now and hopefully bowling less going forward.

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    Yep, I wouldn't pick Warner for tests again. Especially with Finch being such a like for like, and no Channel 9 to promote the whole "HO HO, TWO BIG UNITS JUST SEEING THE BALL, HITTING THE BALL FOR BIG MAXIMUMS. HOW GOOD WOULD THAT BE?" dumb fuckery.

I'd pick Warner for meaningless ODIs and T20 series where the real stars and guys who cant stand him are being rested, and they need a sales point. Beyond that, let him be a shit cunt for hire.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Still firmly in the wouldn't pick at all camp. I'd personally go as far as not picking him for NSW but of course they'd want him back.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Yep, I wouldn't pick Warner for tests again. Especially with Finch being such a like for like, and no Channel 9 to promote the whole "HO HO, TWO BIG UNITS JUST SEEING THE BALL, HITTING THE BALL FOR BIG MAXIMUMS. HOW GOOD WOULD THAT BE?" dumb fuckery.

I'd pick Warner for meaningless ODIs and T20 series where the real stars and guys who cant stand him are being rested, and they need a sales point. Beyond that, let him be a shit cunt for hire.
    Haven't seen Warne calling for D'Arcy Short to open alongside Finch then?

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    Yeah but he does that every year.

Some guy had a good T20 knock = must be in the test team, usually at the expense of some guy Warne has a beef with or isn't white.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Recommendation 17

Members of Australian Test and One Day teams be excused from playing International T20 cricket to the extent necessary for them to play Sheffield Shield and Grade cricket as per Recommendation 15 (above).

CA response

This Recommendation is not accepted. CA will continue to select the best available team for International Cricket taking into account CA’s selection policy and the Players’ Pact, including T20 Internationals.

Lost me here

Teams
    Rep Level

Recommendation 24

CA investigate and seek advice to determine if the management of players’ physical and emotional well-being has been consistent with the organisation’s legal and moral obligations, including its duty of care.

CA response

CA will investigate the Sports Science and Sports Medicine programs to confirm compliance.

Get fucked. That's not what the inference is.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Recommendation 17

Members of Australian Test and One Day teams be excused from playing International T20 cricket to the extent necessary for them to play Sheffield Shield and Grade cricket as per Recommendation 15 (above).

CA response

This Recommendation is not accepted. CA will continue to select the best available team for International Cricket taking into account CA’s selection policy and the Players’ Pact, including T20 Internationals.

Lost me here
    Also don't understand this. Surely they want the focus to be on Test cricket?

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    I'd probably want clarification on this. Are they suggesting:

* - That the player has the right to withdraw from a T20 squad to be available for Shield to further boost their test claims, without recriminations or
    * - The best XI available for T20s takes a back seat to ensuring players have the best preparation for tests possible.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    I'd probably want clarification on this. Are they suggesting:

* - That the player has the right to withdraw from a T20 squad to be available for Shield to further boost their test claims, without recriminations or
    * - The best XI available for T20s takes a back seat to ensuring players have the best preparation for tests possible.
    They're suggesting that if say, Starc didn't want to play a T20 on the grounds of playing Shield in preparation for a Test, CA could deny it and pick him for the T20.

Its hard sometimes

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    They're suggesting that if say, Starc didn't want to play a T20 on the grounds of playing Shield in preparation for a Test, CA could deny it and pick him for the T20.
    The suggestion is literally the opposite of that. That test and one day players would be allowed to skip international T20 games, no idea what it has to do with formal leadership training or displaying moral courage but whatever.

CA flat out rejecting that suggestion though and saying they will pick the best team regardless.

Hell of a document full of wank though, isn't it. Straight off the bat the first recommendation wants to force gender based hiring practices instead of competency based (and we wonder why the team has driven off a cliff...)

Also love the attack on sledging, still the best part about the sport for mine was the sledging, especially as a player. I swear I hate this world we live in where the snowflakes are in charge and real humans are meant to accept it.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    The suggestion is literally the opposite of that. That test and one day players would be allowed to skip international T20 games, no idea what it has to do with formal leadership training or displaying moral courage but whatever.

CA flat out rejecting that suggestion though and saying they will pick the best team regardless.

Hell of a document full of wank though, isn't it. Straight off the bat the first recommendation wants to force gender based hiring practices instead of competency based (and we wonder why the team has driven off a cliff...)

Also love the attack on sledging, still the best part about the sport for mine was the sledging, especially as a player. I swear I hate this world we live in where the snowflakes are in charge and real humans are meant to accept it.
    Think we're saying the same thing there bud.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Fuck CA seriously

Pick any cunt to play T20's who gives a fuck

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Think we're saying the same thing there bud.
    No, you're mixing up the suggestion from the review with the CA answer to the suggestion.

The suggestion literally is the opposite of what you've said, it was to allow players to skip T20 internationals so they could play shield or grade cricket instead.

This is what you wrote, as I said, the exact opposite of the actual suggestion (below) which was to allow players to withdraw from T20 to play shield/grade cricket instead.

I'm still more confused what the hell shield or grade cricket has to do with formal leadership training or improving the capacity to display moral courage which is recommendation 15 that apparently 17 is in furtherance of, that's the weirdest part of that whole suggestion to me.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Think you’re on the same page here bros

(i.e. the non-retarded side of the page overleaf from CA)

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Think you’re on the same page here bros

(i.e. the non-retarded side of the page overleaf from CA)
    Yeah we are. Not really sure on the need for paragraphs of text.

CA have denied the suggestion, so using Starc as the example again, they will pick him for a random T20 game over getting in shield cricket for an upcoming Test series, which is what I said from the start.

You'd think basic logic would see CA want to do everything in their power to help us climb the Test rankings back to number one, but hey ho.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    They're (CA, in rebuttal) suggesting that if say, Starc didn't want to play a T20 on the grounds of playing Shield in preparation for a Test, CA could deny it and pick him for the T20.
    Allow me to make it easy for you Wogi

Its hard sometimes

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Allow me to make it easy for you Wogi
    I agree with that. Your original comment did not mention CA and instead specifically mentioned the suggestion which said the opposite of what you explained it to mean.

CA rejected the suggestion. If you'd said the CA response to the suggestion in the first place we'd have had no issues

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I agree with that. Your original comment did not mention CA and instead specifically mentioned the suggestion which said the opposite of what you explained it to mean.

CA rejected the suggestion. If you'd said the CA response to the suggestion in the first place we'd have had no issues
    Apologies. Previous "theys" on this thought thread related to CA so I'd just continued on that.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Can Jason GOATendorff please just be fit for a while?

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Can Jason GOATendorff please just be fit for a while?
    Guy is a gun, just his bloody fragile body .....
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Another Shield hundred for Mitch Marsh.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Another Shield hundred for Mitch Marsh.
    Out for 151.

Its hard sometimes