Close

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 2,376 to 2,389 of 2389
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Be a cool story if those two can stay healthy and get back to where they were before all the injuries.
    Batshit insane Cousins only got 2 mill.

If you are Milwaukee and giving Portis 5 mill a year, and not giving Cousins 5 mill a year, you deserve to lose the title

Rep Level
    Giannis staying at Milwaukee.

He probably realises he will have to take a drastic paycut to get on a contender (100 mill+) outside of the one he is already on and likely a bridge too far for him

Teams
    Pacers, Seahawks, Sabres, Mariners
    Rep Level
    Indiana Pacers Seattle Seahawks Buffalo Sabres
    Take the money and then sook and force your way out in 2 years time. Although I like the Bucks team, paid way overs for Jrue but what an upgrade over Bledsoe
    Paul Fraud IS A RINGLESS CUNT AND FLOG

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Damn we had set it up to offer him a max but good to see him stick with the Bucks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Damn we had set it up to offer him a max but good to see him stick with the Bucks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    You were no chance

Think it was a Boston/GSW race and both just wouldnt have been able to give him a decent contract

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Giannis staying at Milwaukee.

He probably realises he will have to take a drastic paycut to get on a contender (100 mill+) outside of the one he is already on and likely a bridge too far for him
    Nah fuck that, others should be taking a paycut to play with him to win a ring not the other way around. Regardless of where he plays they're building around him, so why should he be the one taking a pay cut?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Players seem to have a ultra weird reluctance in going to Milwaukee. Im assuming its a festering shithole to live in

They said quite a few free agents turned them down this year including Boogie Cousins

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Small market and Giannis has gone backwards in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flight23 View Post
    Small market and Giannis has gone backwards in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is "small market" relevant in todays game?
    The main concern would normally be that they aren't willing to spend big because their revenue ceiling is much lower than a big market team. Bucks are already in the luxury tax so they clearly aren't worried about spending (at the moment)

Giannis brings his own media coverage to the team anyway but also Social media and Global coverage/International audience. Better access for viewers to watch whatever games they want, not what the media dictate to them.

Not denying big teams v small teams exist, but anyone worried about joining a bucks team ft. Giannis because they're in a "small market" is a fucking idiot

I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Is "small market" relevant in todays game?
    The main concern would normally be that they aren't willing to spend big because their revenue ceiling is much lower than a big market team. Bucks are already in the luxury tax so they clearly aren't worried about spending (at the moment)

Giannis brings his own media coverage to the team anyway but also Social media and Global coverage/International audience. Better access for viewers to watch whatever games they want, not what the media dictate to them.

Not denying big teams v small teams exist, but anyone worried about joining a bucks team ft. Giannis because they're in a "small market" is a fucking idiot

Small market is very much relevant, especially for the secondary guys. Giannis is going to get all of the media and sponsorship money there. Compare to say LA where even after LeBron and AD take their cut there is still time for Howard, Caruso and Rondo to get a ton of shine last year.

That said, it's certainly not the factor it used to be and there are seemingly a lot more players willing to take a bit of a paycut to play with the right guys these days so that also helps.

Ultimately Milwaukee is a pretty lame duck destination though, it's one of the poorest cities in the country with a disproportionately high number of blacks living there in a state that is otherwise pretty much entirely white. Wealthy black people don't tend to want to live in poor black cities, they're prime targets in those scenarios for crime and extortion. Also the weather is shithouse and it has one of the highest state income taxes as well as high sales taxes. All of these are factors that weigh pretty heavily against it.

That said, it's great to see a player stay with a smaller team and try and win, in the current league it's just so rare and it's one of the worst parts of the modern game, imo, that players don't stay and try and build a real team around them.

Hope he wins the title to be honest as he's certainly one of the genuinely likeable players right now in a league that doesn't have many and has even fewer that are actually good!

Rep Level
    Dont really agree with wogs sentiments in that I think he would have bailed if he actually had a viable alternative. I tend to think he just came off contract at a bad time ie. economic issues caused by pandemic and he has taken the best option economically for himself knowing that he also then has a chance of winning a title still

For Bucks its a no brainer. You are paying Giannis 200 mill, he increases the value of your franchise by 1 bllion dollars by himself easily.

Rep Level
    To make things worse also Lakers have the best performing player this pre season in Talen Horton-Tucker. He is absolutely crushing it

Reminds me of Kawhi lite

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    To make things worse also Lakers have the best performing player this pre season in Talen Horton-Tucker. He is absolutely crushing it

Reminds me of Kawhi lite
    Apparently still eligible for ROTY as bubble debuts don't count.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Apparently still eligible for ROTY as bubble debuts don't count.
    James Wiseman wins it in a canter I think