Close

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1694
    Rep Level
    Doubled up on Lakers

I cant be wrong 3 times in a row surely?
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Doubled up on Lakers

I cant be wrong 3 times in a row surely?
    Never in doubt?

I didn't double up though haha

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    the name Luguentz Dort makes me irrationally uncomfortable. it needs to be abolished

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    the name Luguentz Dort makes me irrationally uncomfortable. it needs to be abolished
    Yeah I brought this up previously

No one called Lugentz Dort is going to be successful as everything. You change LeBron James name to Lugentz Dort and he will average 4 points, 2 rebounds a game. No doubt about it. Talent is irrelevant with a anchor like that name brings

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Dwade completely fucking the dunk competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    That was my money that fucked it.

Had 250 on Gordon

Also was on Booker for the 3pt contest only for Buddy to hit 7 of the last 8 to win it

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    you fucken degenerate

Betting on all star weekend

Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    I was gonna bet on Bam for the skills challenge but thought the above

Was paying 21 too

Rep Level
    Gordon's not gonna do it again too which sucks. Was clearly the best dunker overall we have seen. That 360 dunk was nuts

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    heard dunk contest was a sham. been saying for years that the scoring system is stupid. five judges score out of 10 yet nobody gets below a 45 total. it's like the damn uber rating system:
    - guy gets you there in one piece = 5 stars
    - guy offers you drinks, snacks, music control, every single phone charger known to man, plus a handjob = 5 stars
    - being below 4.6 average rating means you're scum and a green light is given for you to be shot on sight by the nearest driver

Rep Level

I think its the best ever dunk in the dunk contest

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    heard dunk contest was a sham. been saying for years that the scoring system is stupid. five judges score out of 10 yet nobody gets below a 45 total. it's like the damn uber rating system:
    - guy gets you there in one piece = 5 stars
    - guy offers you drinks, snacks, music control, every single phone charger known to man, plus a handjob = 5 stars
    - being below 4.6 average rating means you're scum and a green light is given for you to be shot on sight by the nearest driver
    Derrick Jones only does through the legs dunks as he has zero hang time when he jumps. He has hops but lacks the strength to stay in the air

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Derrick Jones only does through the legs dunks as he has zero hang time when he jumps. He has hops but lacks the strength to stay in the air
    Call me crazy but I don't really think hang time is a thing? Once you jump you have no ability to just stay in the air longer than someone else. I just imagine one can jump higher so they're in the air longer?

I think Gordon's dunk over that joke of a mascot a few years ago was amazing to go under both legs on it.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Call me crazy but I don't really think hang time is a thing? Once you jump you have no ability to just stay in the air longer than someone else. I just imagine one can jump higher so they're in the air longer?

I think Gordon's dunk over that joke of a mascot a few years ago was amazing to go under both legs on it.

Yeah id have that 2nd easy

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Vince Carter stan checking in, still the greatest contest for mine.

Did like the one handed 360 by Gordon in this contest but felt like pretty much every other dunk was a bit meh, for mine that dunk was a 50 and I'm not sure any of the others were even 40s but I'm with Baron that the scoring system is atrocious and leaves itself open to stupid results. Personally I think the idea you can get a 50 after missing a dunk is stupid as well (Gordon's was still the best dunk regardless of this though).

Also with Dylan that hangtime is a myth, some guys do look like the float though just in how they move. No different to how Matera or McLeod always looked like they were gliding when running while a guy like Swan looked like the little engine that could puffing away but they were all pretty similar speeds I'd guess. All just body angles and the like that create the aspect with dunking.

Gordon got robbed though and as a Magic fan we've got the least reason in the NBA to like the guy given what he could be as a player if he'd put half as much effort into that as he does dunk contests so for me to say it you know it's true.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Vince Carter stan checking in, still the greatest contest for mine.

Did like the one handed 360 by Gordon in this contest but felt like pretty much every other dunk was a bit meh, for mine that dunk was a 50 and I'm not sure any of the others were even 40s but I'm with Baron that the scoring system is atrocious and leaves itself open to stupid results. Personally I think the idea you can get a 50 after missing a dunk is stupid as well (Gordon's was still the best dunk regardless of this though).

Also with Dylan that hangtime is a myth, some guys do look like the float though just in how they move. No different to how Matera or McLeod always looked like they were gliding when running while a guy like Swan looked like the little engine that could puffing away but they were all pretty similar speeds I'd guess. All just body angles and the like that create the aspect with dunking.

Gordon got robbed though and as a Magic fan we've got the least reason in the NBA to like the guy given what he could be as a player if he'd put half as much effort into that as he does dunk contests so for me to say it you know it's true.
    Id have traded Aaron Gordon by now. He just isnt a good fit for the type of team around him. Pretty confident if he went to a side like Phoenix he would kill it

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Personally I think the idea you can get a 50 after missing a dunk is stupid as well (Gordon's was still the best dunk regardless of this though).

Nat Robinson robbing Iggy salt still runs through my veins after his 30+ attempts or whatever it was.
    TTP

Rep Level
    Me watching the All Star game

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Id have traded Aaron Gordon by now. He just isnt a good fit for the type of team around him. Pretty confident if he went to a side like Phoenix he would kill it
    He's the classic trade value is way less than actual value but isn't half the player he should be type that makes all the sense to be traded for by other teams and not a lot for the Magic. Magic as a whole are a mess of a team which I guess is what you get with a new GM and/or coach every couple of years.

He's a terrible fit for the Magic though but he's a difficult fit all around because of his super weird skillset. He's a complete tweener of a player that in a perfect scenario could work but he's an odd mix.

Mostly though his development has been the bigger problem, probably a Magic thing but has to be partly on him also, just has never developed an adequate shot or post game to really form a position on offense. Defensively he's become pretty decent but not nearly what he should be as a defender, he's physically gifted enough to be more akin to Kawhi or Draymond but has instead settled in that slightly above average level instead.

Magic team as a whole is a bit of a mess though, we seem fundamentally committed to not shooting the 3 ball well, he'd probably fit in nicely on a team spreading things out a lot, heck he'd be really interesting as the center for the Rockets for example, but he's just another non-shooter on a team full of them unfortunately. Not sure we'd get anything of any real value for him though if we traded him.

Rep Level
    I feel he's the classic case of a kid who was drafted asked to turn his weaknesses into a strength (3 point shooting) in order to find a way to fit into a team he otherwise does not fit into. It's horrid management all around. I think his ideal game style is probably what Paul Milsap was in his prime. Passing PF that can hit a corner 3 or two

Veteran
    Rep Level
    In actuality, now I have thought about it I think Houston are locks. Covington a bad matchup for Tatum. Walker can't keep up with Harden. Theis won't expose their lack of rebounding

They seem a good match up for Boston
    I feel he's the classic case of a kid who was drafted asked to turn his weaknesses into a strength (3 point shooting) in order to find a way to fit into a team he otherwise does not fit into. It's horrid management all around. I think his ideal game style is probably what Paul Milsap was in his prime. Passing PF that can hit a corner 3 or two
    Yeah he's weirdly in between the two positions, he does a lot of things well but outside athletic ability he isn't really great in anything and even there his lateral quickness can be an issue.

To be fair to the Magic, that draft was kind of a hot mess, really only Capela, Jokic, Smart, Lavine and maybe Dinwiddie are genuinely better than him and we passed on pretty much all those guys a couple more times and basically all those guys played either C or SG where we actually had talent already.

That said, I'd be surprised if he didn't do well elsewhere, that's basically our modus operandi these days, ruin talent or bury it and then give it away for nothing, I'm still kind of surprised we're actually developing Fultz this year given our history. I mean Sabonis, Oladipo, Harris and Vucevic would actually be a pretty damn good starting point for a good team, throw in say Devin Booker the next year in the draft and we'd be pretty damn solid. Alas we don't do good things like that

Rep Level
    In 2014, you had one clear need. Guards, guards and more guards. The obvious pick was Marcus Smart as PG and Zach Levine later on.

That's not really a hindsight thing either. That is a if you pick what you need, that's what you get

Instead, you got a power forward when you had Tobias Harris and took a big reach with Elfrid Payton

Veteran
    Rep Level
    In 2014, you had one clear need. Guards, guards and more guards. The obvious pick was Marcus Smart as PG and Zach Levine later on.

That's not really a hindsight thing either. That is a if you pick what you need, that's what you get

Instead, you got a power forward when you had Tobias Harris and took a big reach with Elfrid Payton
    To be fair we had Oladipo at the time, Smart was another tweener at SG/PG and to be fair so was Lavine at the time. Smart is probably the hindsight pick but this was before the Warriors small balled the NBA as well so we were still looking at Harris as a SF more than anything else and I think we saw them as being somewhat interchangeable parts.

We also traded for Payton after he was taken there and most mock drafts had him top 10, he wasn't really a reach at all. Plus I think we all forget that Dante Exum was the guy that we almost certainly would have taken if it was a guard we went for, he was the clear top guard prospect after Wiggins, a lot of mocks actually had us getting Embiid with Philly taking Exum 3rd he was that highly overrated!

Gordon was actually a decent pick, we completely ruined him though after that point. If only we could have got Jokic though, that would have been the dream result though for the NBA's sake I'm glad we didn't get to ruin him.

Rep Level
    I feel the draft will be interesting this year in that if the top 5 picks go to the teams you expect, they are simply going to reach for the type of player they want

I suspect Atlanta take Lamelo Ball no matter what
    I suspect Golden State take James Wiseman no matter what
    I suspect Minnesotta take Anthony Edwards no matter what
    I suspect New York take some Turkemenistani immigrant projected to go at pick 35 but hey, he could turn out good, lets use pick 1

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks

2019/2020 NBA season - RIP Kobe Bean Bryant

We’re getting the Israeli doncic

Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit