Close

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Teams
    Oladipo, Pacers, Seahawks, Mckayla Maroney, Reggie Millerís commentating
    Rep Level
    Indiana Pacers Seattle Seahawks Buffalo Sabres
    John Collins has been a beast this year, one of the guys I wanted to draft last year. Would’ve taken OG as well plus Jarrett Allen. Instead we fucking grab TJ Leaf who is an absolute dud
    Paul Fraud IS A RINGLESS CUNT AND FLOG

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrigan View Post
    John Collins has been a beast this year, one of the guys I wanted to draft last year. Would’ve taken OG as well plus Jarrett Allen. Instead we fucking grab TJ Leaf who is an absolute dud
    Cool name though
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    apparently everyone is going to the Lakers now.

Cant wait for the deadline to pass

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdaryl View Post
    apparently everyone is going to the Lakers now.

Cant wait for the deadline to pass

That's been the case forever.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    one of my core principles with sport is that I never switch teams but this latest stuff could completely turn me off the lakers and force my hand

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    That's been the case forever.
    I know its the Lakers.

The BS in the last 24 hours has gone to another level.
    Last edited by thisisdaryl; 30th January 2019 at 05:31 PM.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    one of my core principles with sport is that I never switch teams but this latest stuff could completely turn me off the lakers and force my hand
    Huh, how are you a Lakers fan at all in this case?

No matter your age the Lakers have been pulling this shit for decades, it's literally their history (even the dodgy move of the franchise in the first place if you want to go back far enough). Kareem, Shaq, Kobe and LeBron are just four of the names but they've done it forever.

What I've always loved is the Knicks on the other side thinking they're equals. Pretty sure Melo is the only guy to willingly force his way to the Knicks since I've been following and that was basically a rape on the Knicks.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Huh, how are you a Lakers fan at all in this case?

No matter your age the Lakers have been pulling this shit for decades, it's literally their history (even the dodgy move of the franchise in the first place if you want to go back far enough). Kareem, Shaq, Kobe and LeBron are just four of the names but they've done it forever.

What I've always loved is the Knicks on the other side thinking they're equals. Pretty sure Melo is the only guy to willingly force his way to the Knicks since I've been following and that was basically a rape on the Knicks.
    Well i did just pick them as a little kid. Nick Van Exel was my first favourite player, he was a rookie around the time i started following them (ie checking the paper for scores and watching nba action on saturdays).

The shit these days is not like what happened at the time. Shaq was a free agent, and they got Kobe on draft day. Rest of the roster was role players.

First time this type of shit really reared it's head was with Malone and Payton, but at least those guys were well past it and had already given their all to their original franchises.

When they got Dwight is when i lost interest in the nba for a few years. Then finally Kobe retired, and I was enjoying watching the youngsters come up and wondering which one was going to become the next franchise player

Nekminnit Lebron

And now it's non stop with this destination shit. Makes me ashamed to say i support them, every time i tell someone i go for them i have to qualify it with how me and my bro's all picked a team one Saturday morning while looking at the standings

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Well i did just pick them as a little kid. Nick Van Exel was my first favourite player, he was a rookie around the time i started following them (ie checking the paper for scores and watching nba action on saturdays).

The shit these days is not like what happened at the time. Shaq was a free agent, and they got Kobe on draft day. Rest of the roster was role players.

First time this type of shit really reared it's head was with Malone and Payton, but at least those guys were well past it and had already given their all to their original franchises.

When they got Dwight is when i lost interest in the nba for a few years. Then finally Kobe retired, and I was enjoying watching the youngsters come up and wondering which one was going to become the next franchise player

Nekminnit Lebron

And now it's non stop with this destination shit. Makes me ashamed to say i support them, every time i tell someone i go for them i have to qualify it with how me and my bro's all picked a team one Saturday morning while looking at the standings
    They had Kobe hard line the team that drafted him and refuse to go anywhere else.

LeBron was a FA, same as Shaq only they didn't lobby to have the rules changed a couple of years prior to even have a chance at said free agent. They've always been a destination, it was a major reason why Shaq went there, why Kobe demanded to go there as a rookie out of HS, why LeBron went there, why Howard went there, why Nash went there, etc, etc. The Lakers legitimately have always been a destination team. They've basically not drafted a star player since Worthy, the majority of their history since they pulled up shop and threatened to leave the league if they didn't let them move from Minny to LA after the owner promised not to move the team and then slyly bought out enough of the minor partners to have majority and do it anyway is signing marquee free agents to win titles.

Credit to them, they've got a top tier market, history and worldwide fame and they use it to sustain success. I just don't get how the current generation of guys doing it would change your fandom, I mean LeBron is a tosser but he's no worse than Kobe was for example so it really shouldn't be an impact.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    They had Kobe hard line the team that drafted him and refuse to go anywhere else.

LeBron was a FA, same as Shaq only they didn't lobby to have the rules changed a couple of years prior to even have a chance at said free agent. They've always been a destination, it was a major reason why Shaq went there, why Kobe demanded to go there as a rookie out of HS, why LeBron went there, why Howard went there, why Nash went there, etc, etc. The Lakers legitimately have always been a destination team. They've basically not drafted a star player since Worthy, the majority of their history since they pulled up shop and threatened to leave the league if they didn't let them move from Minny to LA after the owner promised not to move the team and then slyly bought out enough of the minor partners to have majority and do it anyway is signing marquee free agents to win titles.

Credit to them, they've got a top tier market, history and worldwide fame and they use it to sustain success. I just don't get how the current generation of guys doing it would change your fandom, I mean LeBron is a tosser but he's no worse than Kobe was for example so it really shouldn't be an impact.
    yeah I suppose it's the destination stuff that is getting to me. I didn't know the stuff about Kobe (seems like a gray area). Didn't know what rules were changed for Shaq?

Difference with current generation of the league is the "ceebs trying to win a title with my original team I may as well ditch them and team up with other top players", which is where the AD/Kawhi/PG (last year) talk is getting to me. Getting Lebron more annoyed me because I was actually enjoying following a team without a superstar. You're mingling up that point a bit - I think they did well to clear the cap space they needed to get Lebron, even if it meant giving up guys like DLo and Randle. Just personally I would've liked to see the youngsters develop.

Thanks for reminding me of Steve fkn Nash btw

Whatever the case, taking suggestions for a new team just in case, am thinking Denver considering I've spent a lot of time in Colorado lately and I like a lot of the players on their roster

Veteran
    Rep Level
    yeah I suppose it's the destination stuff that is getting to me. I didn't know the stuff about Kobe (seems like a gray area). Didn't know what rules were changed for Shaq?

Difference with current generation of the league is the "ceebs trying to win a title with my original team I may as well ditch them and team up with other top players", which is where the AD/Kawhi/PG (last year) talk is getting to me. Getting Lebron more annoyed me because I was actually enjoying following a team without a superstar. You're mingling up that point a bit - I think they did well to clear the cap space they needed to get Lebron, even if it meant giving up guys like DLo and Randle. Just personally I would've liked to see the youngsters develop.

Thanks for reminding me of Steve fkn Nash btw

Whatever the case, taking suggestions for a new team just in case, am thinking Denver considering I've spent a lot of time in Colorado lately and I like a lot of the players on their roster
    Kobe basically pulled an Eli Manning and refused to play for anyone but the Lakers, to be fair he told teams this and the Hornets drafted him anyway. Ironically that trade also paved the way for them to join the Shaq Sweepstakes.

The FA rule change was a 3 year window where several of the more powerful teams voted to have the restricted period be one year less which meant that guys like Shaq, Mourning and a few other guys were unrestricted, the rule lasted just 3 seasons before getting dumped because it was so detrimental to smaller market teams, basically after the Shaq swoop and steal the rule got changed back to how it is now and was before.

I too hate that join your rivals to win a title thing, to be fair the Lakers started that with Malone and Payton even if it failed in the end.

I actually respect that element of the Lakers, they know who they are and they use it as best they can.

As for team suggestions... I can give you a strong negative on Orlando, just don't do it. Though if you like cheering for teams without a superstar the Magic are a really strong pick, even if we get one our ownership will do everything to fuck it up and chase them out of town or they'll just crumble to pieces or even both those things... see Shaq (lowballed him, he should never have even talked to the Lakers but our multi-billionaire owner decided to be a tight-ass and lowball him the entire negotiation to the point where when the Lakers made the final offer he didn't even go back to the Magic to ask if they wanted to match, Penny , Hill , McGrady who we chased out of town and also broke, Howard ditto really and we haven't had a star since.

Nuggets are fun and Jokic is sex so not a bad option.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Go with Dallas and jump on the Luka train.

Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Denver Nuggets Denver Broncos
    Now Porzingis requests a trade. Got to love the knicks.

Rep Level
    apperently the trade is porzingis lee and hardaway for jordan, dennis smith jr and matthews

Luka and Porzingis next year

Rep Level
    Deal already done. Porzingis traded to Dallas. Trade to be

Smith Jnr, Wes Matthews, DeAndre Jordan for Porzingis, Hardaway Jnr and Courtney Lee

Dallas made out like bandits here. Trade effectively feels like Smith Jnr and cash for Porzingis

Teams
    Rep Level
    Jesus Dallas killed that trade.

Knicks

Rep Level
    I just want to see Zingis and Dirk play one game together, but I assume they are going to not play him this season.

Dallas is definately europes team

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks

2018/19 NBA season thread

lol Knicks

Hope we know KP getting medically retired or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Rep Level
    It's a pure salary dump really so one must think New York has its 2 max free agents signed up and ready to go

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Obviously but this is the Knicks and it wonít happen.

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    You would have to be so certain that you knew you had it done already. Ballsy move.

Or you know his injury is more cooked than everyone thinks.

Teams
    Rep Level
    KP surely worth a lot more than DSJ and Jordan. Knicks could’ve drafted DSJ a year ago if they loved him so much instead of Frank.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level

2018/19 NBA season thread

He is worth more but Lee is finished and getting paid 12m and Hardaway has a trade kicker and player option on 20m so both groce for next year.

Zion pls

Teams
    Rep Level
    KD and Zion would be amazing. Plus another max dude, I have no idea who is a FA

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Kyrie and KD and Zion at the Knicks

Make it happen silver

Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find