Close

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    No team has let him essentially run the point like Malone has with Jokic. I think the Denver performance says more about how good a coach and squad they have then anything. Think Malone has let Jokic become great whereas Cousins has never been given that same coaching/system to play with
    He literally had Malone as a coach for a season and a half so this is the most completely retarded logic and or arguement you could possibly make, not being as good in the same system at the same age is a pretty comprehensive against arguement, not for... The reason teams don't let him "run the point" is because he's not good enough and he's a fucking turnover merchant. When he had Malone as a coach and got to play that same role he put up 2.9:3.8 and 2.4:3.7 assist to turnover ratios, before sitting out a bunch of games because he didn't really like how things were.

Again, I like Cousins but he's done nothing in the league to suggest he's ever been a top 10 player.

Do your top 10

I won’t include Cousins yet cos of injury but right now

1. Harden
    2. Curry
    3. LeBron
    4. Jokic
    5. Davis
    6. Greek
    7. Durant
    8. Leonard
    9. Westbrook
    10. Irving

Embiid somewheee in the 11-15 range

Can't really argue with any of the names except Irving, he's not even a shadow of Embiid, still probably better than Cousins though...

Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Denver Nuggets Denver Broncos
    No team has let him essentially run the point like Malone has with Jokic. I think the Denver performance says more about how good a coach and squad they have then anything. Think Malone has let Jokic become great whereas Cousins has never been given that same coaching/system to play with
    Firstly Malone has improved but he is still not a good coach by any stretch. Malone didn't let Jokic do shit, his hand got forced if you go back to the first part of last season you will see Malone tried to run the offence through milsap to terrible results.

Good squad? 95% of fans would have never heard of Monte Morris before this year, torrey Craig has been in our starting line up for a bulk of the season... Torrey fucking Craig. Juanco has been in the starting line up too, same with Beasley who has improved immensely. Jokic makes all these players so much better, no chance Cousins could do that.

As wogitlia pointed out Malone coached cousins and he was having his best years and cousins raved about Malone so I'm sure cousins loved the system but still wasn't doing anything. Cousins is a great player but to call him a rich man's Jokic is not even close.

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Melo to the bulls

Zion confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    lol they got an older Jabari Parker

EDIT: they're gonna release him straight away. what's the point of the trade then? why didn't the Rockets just release him?? haven't seen Houston getting anything back in return yet
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; Today at 09:33 AM.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    also D'Angelo Russell's been on a tear lately

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    lol they got an older Jabari Parker

EDIT: they're gonna release him straight away. what's the point of the trade then? why didn't the Rockets just release him?? haven't seen Houston getting anything back in return yet
    If Houston waive him they are on the book for his whole wage and the luxury tax that this also create as well. Pretty much would have cost them 12 mill to release him in cash. All they have done is given Chicago Melo and 3 mill and told them to sack him instead, a team who isn't in the luxury tax area

In the end it saves them a fair bit of coin this way
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    If Houston waive him they are on the book for his whole wage and the luxury tax that this also create as well. Pretty much would have cost them 12 mill to release him in cash. All they have done is given Chicago Melo and 3 mill and told them to sack him instead, a team who isn't in the luxury tax area

In the end it saves them a fair bit of coin this way
    ahhh k. I figured there was some contractual shit involved but I've never been able to properly understand how it all works

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    ahhh k. I figured there was some contractual shit involved but I've never been able to properly understand how it all works
    Houston still wanted to see if someone wanted him in the NBA. Turns out they don't

I'd love for a team in the NBL to sign him

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    reckon the Knicks should sign him and let him have a farewell game.

I actually feel bad for him

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I kinda do too. I mean he held OKC to ransom which anyone would do in his circumstances. But by chasing the $$$ he's basically committed career suicide.

Rep Level
    He is just not very good. The guy made a career of his first step. As he get older his first step got slower and the competitions defenders got more athletic at the same time. He needed to improve on his game. If anything Ben Simmons needs to look at this guy and realise why you must work on your weaknesses.

I mean what happens to Ben Simmons game if all the PGs became his size and height in the next 5-10 years and all of a sudden match up on him well?

Melo made a career of exploiting mismatches at PF that were no longer there when the game evolved and the PF spot became smaller. The same could happen to Simmons too if he doesn't watch himself

Melo didn't fail because of team or circumstances, he failed because he isn't a very good player anymorem

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics

2018/19 NBA season thread

The guy lived off his high school hype and got too lazy.

Everyone said he was as good as Lebron back then. Look what happens when one is lazy and the other puts in work.

Fair play to him tho to get that many years and that much money off frauding everyone

Rep Level
    He needed to develop a back to th basket game. He also needed to work on a 3 point stepback of some sort. He needed to work on defending against the pacier PF

He had so many weaknesses that never got better. LeBrons weaknesses disappeared in time. His lack of 3 ball disappeared, his back to the basket game improved. His weaknesses almost became strengths at times

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    I always think what if he went to the Pistons though. Would have gone to the perfect team with all those players pushing him and teaching him how to work hard. He prob would have won a few rings and he might have been a different player.

But on the other hand he could have just Melo'd again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk