PDA

View Full Version : West Indies Tour (2 Test matches)

Pages : [1] 2

Rumblah
20th May 2015, 08:50 PM
Alright so this is basically a nice little form finder for the away Ashes series that begins in just 49 days. The 3 day tour match begins on the 27th, no idea if there will be any way to watch it at this point.

The First Test begins on June 3rd at midnight #vicbias (http://www.rollingzone.com.au/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=vicbias) time at Windsor Park. Four days after the first Test, we're off to Sabina for the second match.

Australia’s Windies squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Steve Smith (vc), David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Brad Haddin, Peter Nevill, Adam Voges, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Fawad Ahmed

From those named I think we'll line up like this:

Rogers
Warner
WOATson
Clarke (c)
Smith
Voges
:disappoint:
Johnson
Starc
HazleGOAT/ Ahmed
Lyon

No idea what the pitches will be like but I'm guessing they won't be pace friendly. I really think if they plan to go for MJ and Starc, then Hazlewood simply has to play with them. Think Voges has to debut here, really would prefer to avoid debuts in the Ashes unless someone gets injured.

showdownhero
20th May 2015, 08:58 PM
in

Red Bear
20th May 2015, 09:30 PM
yeh in.

I actually hate this being referred to by media and the like as a warm up/tune up for the Ashes. It's an an important series in its own right and, despite some general problems in Windies cricket, they showed against England they have some players capable of taking the fight to the opposition and you have to take them seriously.

Histrionics
20th May 2015, 11:14 PM
In. Hanging to watch tests again :fap:

Raffi
21st May 2015, 01:02 AM
2 test series :what:

showdownhero
21st May 2015, 01:31 AM
2 test series :what:
Probably happy to not sacrifice any more tests on such a shit team tbh

Axel.
21st May 2015, 04:35 AM
In

Bunga
21st May 2015, 12:54 PM
Hope to see this as our lineup for the 1st test v Windies :-

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Voges
Clarke (c)
M.Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
12th man Ahmed

If the pitch is a dustbowl/spinners deck then Ahmed in for Starc.

WOATson's test career should be over, his batting averages at test level over the last 4 years are pitiful.
2011 test batting avg :- 24.09
2012 test batting avg :- 31.45
2013 test batting avg :- 35.21
2014 test batting avg :- 25.80

He turns 34 next month, it is time to move on from him in the test arena - Mitch Marsh is our future all-rounder, great chance to give him more exposure at this level.

Smith is the GOAT - clearly our best batsman, time for him to takeover the number 3 position like he has in ODIs so well.

Voges has been piling on the runs in the shield batting at 4, Clarke has a much better average batting at 5 hence I would have them in that order.

Rumblah
21st May 2015, 01:21 PM
Those averages tho :datass:

Red Bear
21st May 2015, 01:29 PM
I'm fully expecting
Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
S Marsh
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood/Ahmed

I would have Hazlewood ahead of Starc though in order of which quicks play, Voges in for Marsh, Nev in for Haddin.

I'm unsure on Watson vs Marsh. Im no Watson fan but if he's down at 6 he may prove more effective. I also am not convinced M Marsh is quite there yet. His batting has looked pretty good at times, but mostly when there's no pressure on, and his bowling has not yet looked threatening at test level.

I'm also hopeful Voges plays because I don't see the point of taking a 35 year old along for experience/back up. If you demand selection at that age, as his shield form did, then pick him

Histrionics
21st May 2015, 02:14 PM
I hope Voges plays. I'd go;

Warner
Rogers
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Wouldn't mind seeing Ahmed. Could be dangerous for the Ashes.

Rumblah
21st May 2015, 02:17 PM
Voges has to play.

Histrionics
21st May 2015, 02:20 PM
Who makes the final call on who plays?

Rumblah
21st May 2015, 02:29 PM
I know hes no longer on the selection commitee but it'd have to be a discussion between Clarke, Lehmann and the selectors.

Rumblah
24th May 2015, 12:38 PM
Anyone know if Fox or anyone are going to show the tour game? Have no net atm so I can't check the guides :roo:

Histrionics
24th May 2015, 09:54 PM
They don't usually show tour games, do they?

Red Bear
25th May 2015, 03:09 PM
Shiv Chanderpaul dropped, career essentially finished, 80 odd short of Brian Lara's west indies runs records :roo:

Great player in some shithouse teams, and I think the last player from the 90's still running around in international cricket (with recent jayawardene, vettori retirements and I believe sanga bebuted after 2000). 21 year test career :realmvp:

laz cat
25th May 2015, 06:28 PM
Herath debuted in 99, is the only pre 2000 guy I can think of.

:roo: that Chanders is out though. One of my all time favourites. Amazing levels of concentration.

Red Bear
25th May 2015, 06:52 PM
Forgot how crazy long Herath's career had been.

Misbah is 41 just about but didnt debut in tests till 2001

Dogbloke V3
25th May 2015, 07:00 PM
Anyone know if Fox or anyone are going to show the tour game? Have no net atm so I can't check the guides :roo:

Have seen advertisements for it since yesterday on fox sports :approve:

Triptanes
25th May 2015, 07:12 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2015/content/story/880107.html

Shane Watson's availability for the first Test against West Indies in Dominica remains unclear as he prepares for the birth of his second child in Sydney. Watson has delayed his departure for the Caribbean due to the impending arrival of the baby, and he will miss the only warm-up match ahead of the first Test, a three-day game starting in Antigua on Wednesday.

He hopes to have arrived in Dominica in time to be considered for selection for the first Test, but knows there is a possibility that by staying at home he will affect his chances.

I hope his wife has a healthy pregnancy and birth........that is somehow delayed by a week or at least a couple of days or so :banderas:

Rumblah
25th May 2015, 08:11 PM
Have seen advertisements for it since yesterday on fox sports :approve:
:banderas: ty doggers.

Rumblah
26th May 2015, 02:07 AM
Pitch ahead of Wednesdays tour match.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/25/1d848c2a397747200ce8ecd8c00fa5e7.jpg

Bunga
27th May 2015, 05:23 PM
Shivnarine Chanderpaul axed: private messages reveal what Clive Lloyd, Phil Simmons said (http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/shivnarine-chanderpaul-axed-private-messages-reveal-what-clive-lloyd-phil-simmons-said/story-fndpt0dy-1227371416381)

SHIVNARINE Chanderpaul spent two decades playing for the Windies - and was reportedly dumped via a combination of snail mail and Whatsapp.
That led to a remarkable outburst from some officials in the West Indies in which the decision was labelled “ridiculous”, “senseless” and “a matter of gross disrespect”.

In the latest scandal threatening to derail any progress made by Caribbean cricket over the last few weeks, alleged private exchanges between Chanderpaul, coach Phil Simmons and chairman of selectors Clive Lloyd have been published in local media.

In a leaked version of a letter reportedly sent by Lloyd to Chanderpaul, the 40-year-old is thanked for his service but said his form was no longer good enough to warrant selection.

“The coach and the selectors have studied your stats from the last six Test matches to date, three against South Africa and three against England. You batted 11 innings and had an aggregate of 183 runs at an average of 16.64,” Lloyd reportedly wrote.

“In determining the squad for the series against Australia, The selectors have decided to move on with younger players for the future. I therefore regret to inform you that the coach and selectors have decided to omit you from the squad for that series.”

Lloyd goes on to say that he tried to contact Chanderpaul through multiple channels to no avail, forcing Lloyd to send a physical letter to inform the veteran batsmen of the selectors’ decision.

“I tried to contact you on several occasions but you had already left for Guyana,” Lloyd reportedly wrote. “I rang your home telephone number in Guyana and left my details with a male member of the house requesting that you contact me which he promised to do.

“To date, you have not returned my calls and it is rather unfortunate as I did want to have the opportunity to have a discussion with you prior to writing this letter to you.”

However the most revealing exchange to be made public comes via a series of messages between Chanderpaul and West Indies head coach Phil Simmons, sent via smartphone application Whatsapp.

In the messages Chanderpaul, who scored 11,867 runs from 164 Tests and is just 86 runs short of Brian Lara’s record for the most ever Test runs for West Indies, just about demands the opportunity to farewell his home fans on his own terms.

“My request to finish up with the Australian series is not asking too much,” Chanderpaul reportedly wrote to Simmons. “It gives me a chance to acknowledge my supporters at home, and the possibility of the WICB properly honouring me for my contribution to WI cricket.

“I should not be pushed into retirement. Here is a situation where I firmly believe public opinion would be in favour of me being given the opportunity to play in my final test series at home. Thanks,”

However Simmons, who only took over as coach in April after guiding Ireland through a successful World Cup campaign, was adamant a player’s past service is irrelevant to his future selection.

“There is no dispute that you have dedicated the last 21 years of your life to WI cricket and as stated before this will be acknowledged and recognised by the WICB, but unfortunately length of service is not a criterion for selection.

Rumblah
27th May 2015, 05:41 PM
Tfw Clive Lloyd and Phil Simmons are harsher critics than anyone at CA. :feels:

Red Bear
27th May 2015, 05:48 PM
Tfw Clive Lloyd and Phil Simmons are harsher critics than anyone at CA. :feels:that feel when chnders hitting them better than Haddin but he gets to choose when he finishes up

Rumblah
27th May 2015, 05:51 PM
that feel when chnders hitting them better than Haddin but he gets to choose when he finishes up

http://i.imgur.com/U7Ghu2s.gif

Rumblah
28th May 2015, 12:44 AM
cricket.com.au seems to be running a live stream of the tour game for those interested.

Rumblah
28th May 2015, 03:08 AM
HazleGOAT has 2 wickets already. Siddle bowling quite poor before he was replaced at the other end.

Rumblah
28th May 2015, 01:28 PM
Well shit that turned around. Had them 3-nothing when I went to sleep. Check just then and they're 5-288.

Ahmed took 2-95 from 25 overs and is apparently closer to a Test debut.

Axel.
28th May 2015, 02:25 PM
In

Rumblah
29th May 2015, 02:51 AM
Mitch Marsh just missed out on a hattrick.

9-324.

Rumblah
29th May 2015, 03:09 AM
I'll be baffled if Ahmed ever plays Test cricket. Gets very little turn for a leggie and the number 10 and 11 are hitting him flush currently.

rossi
29th May 2015, 10:44 AM
Haddin got 1. Darsh got 100*. Unfortunate result for Australia with both results.

Rumblah
29th May 2015, 11:37 AM
Voges made 52. Can't believe this West Indies tour side is causing this much grief.

Rumblah
29th May 2015, 12:13 PM
Haddin got 1. Darsh got 100*. Unfortunate result for Australia with both results.

:mick:

Rumblah
30th May 2015, 02:12 AM
Marsh gon Marsh. Out first over. We're 7-fuck all.

Axel.
30th May 2015, 02:16 AM
less than 200 behind tho :v

Rumblah
30th May 2015, 01:07 PM

And there was talk of him possibly not playing the first Test. :mick:

Both Fawad Ahmed and Nathan Lyon went wicketless in the second innings.

Yep need Ahmed. :mick:

Rumblah
1st June 2015, 11:59 PM
Sizing up the first Test line-ups (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/feature/australia-west-indies-first-test-select-teams-martin-smith/2015-06-01)

Playing for keeps

Lock Brad Haddin in for this Test and, barring injury or a rapid decline in form, lock him in for the six winter Tests that follow as well.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jYOE3MbhCxo/UAliRP8LwbI/AAAAAAAAD1o/diyeu3vAeRc/s640/now-is-the-time-to-be-upset.gif

Or should that be come in spinners? Australia are poised to field a two-man spin attack on the traditionally slow wicket at Windsor Park, which would mean Fawad Ahmed will make his Test debut. Ahmed and Nathan Lyon took a combined 4-232 in Antigua, but their unflattering figures come with a disclaimer or two.

A) Ahmed is garbage and proved that by taking 2/150 for the match, against a West Indies Presidents XI for fucks sake. B) When has 2 frontline spinners worked for us?

rossi
2nd June 2015, 12:03 AM
Playing for keeps

Lock Brad Haddin in for this Test and, barring injury or a rapid decline in form, lock him in for the six winter Tests that follow as well.
He would have to get a negative score to have a rapid decline in form. How is the media so blind to the fact he is a massive crab?

Rumblah
2nd June 2015, 02:41 AM
Rogers ruled out after being struck with a beamer.

Shaun Marsh will open, Voges to debut at 6. Also means they can forget the gash idea of two front line spinners.

Bunga
2nd June 2015, 02:48 AM
Rogers ruled out after being struck with a beamer.

Shaun Marsh will open, Voges to debut at 6. Also means they can forget the gash idea of two front line spinners.

Fuck - how serious was Buck hurt, not career threatening I hope?

Rumblah
2nd June 2015, 02:56 AM
Fuck - how serious was Buck hurt, not career threatening I hope?
Wouldn't think so.

Rogers ruled out of first Test | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/chris-rogers-ruled-out-of-first-test-hit-on-helmet-training-dominica-west-indies-australia-test/2015-06-02)

Histrionics
2nd June 2015, 08:04 PM
Clarke confirms Smith's elevation to No.3 | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/michael-clarke-confirms-steve-smith-batting-three-pitch-spinners-quicks-australia-west-indies/2015-06-02)

Bunga
2nd June 2015, 08:14 PM
GOAT at 3 at long last :fap:

Rumblah
2nd June 2015, 08:22 PM
:banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas:

Rumblah
2nd June 2015, 08:27 PM
K so Watson is obv in at 6, but this quote has me perplexed:

The captain also gave a strong indication that Australia will play both pace-bowling allrounders Shane Watson and Mitchell Marsh should they opt for a two-man spin attack on a surface that has traditionally taken turn.

:v.

So Mitch Marsh 7, Haddin 8, MJ 9, Lyon 10, Ahmed 11.

EDIT - Nope, it means Voges will miss. :disappoint:

Histrionics
2nd June 2015, 08:28 PM
:disappoint:

Triptanes
2nd June 2015, 08:34 PM
WTF, might as well just fit Maxwell in there as well then for the lols.

Bunga
2nd June 2015, 08:34 PM
Voges is actually a handy left arm spinner, taken 52 wickets at an average of 33.4 at first-class level. He has under bowled himself the last couple of seasons playing for WA in my opinion.

I would like to see this as the team :-

Warner
S Marsh
GOAT
Clarke
Voges
M Marsh/WOATson (yes I know Watson is almost certain but I can dream he misses out)
:disappoint: +
Johnson
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

12th man Ahmed

Gives good balance to the side - Voges/GOAT/Clarke can all provide the backup spin with Lyon.

Triptanes
2nd June 2015, 08:36 PM
That reasoning makes no sense (Watto an MMarsh). If you are playing two spinners they should be bowling a shitload, so why have two allrounders to spread the load more?

Rumblah
2nd June 2015, 08:41 PM
To be totally honest I'm more confident in Voges bowling than I am Ahmed. Better batsman than both all-rounders spoken about, better bowler than the second spinner spoken about.

Nope bl.

Bunga
3rd June 2015, 12:51 PM
Rumblah :-

Adam Voges tipped to get Test call-up for Australia against West Indies (http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/adam-voges-tipped-to-get-test-call-up-for-australia-against-west-indies/story-fndpt0dy-1227380614660)

A MATCH-EVE inspection of the Dominica pitch appears to have swung Adam Voges back into favour for his Test debut against West Indies.

Australia’s selector-on-duty Mark Waugh has shaken hands with the West Australian amid much backslapping from teammates which could be a sign the 35-year-old will slot into the middle order ahead of all-rounder Mitchell Marsh.

The inclusion of Voges would also suggest Victoria’s uncapped legspinner Fawad Ahmed is set to miss out on selection with Australia fielding a bowling attack of three quicks plus offspinner Nathan Lyon.

“Mark Waugh’s here today so I’m pretty sure he’ll have a look at the conditions and he and Boof (Lehmann) will come up with a team,” Australia captain Michael Clarke said before training on Tuesday.

Left-arm spinner Voges and offspinner Lyon bowled at training on Tuesday on the practice pitch that is offering plenty of turn, while Ahmed bowled on the other practice pitch, which is more fast-paced. Ahmed was hit for several boundaries by opener David Warner.

Voges averaged over 100 in Shield cricket last summer and was the competition’s leading scorer.

:proud:

Rumblah
3rd June 2015, 03:49 PM
Itshappening.gif

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/02/8a968638456c88d0f2d806f3a15bf9b0.jpg

This was taken after Voges was seen talking to Mark Waugh and Boof.

DAS FUCKING IT MANE.

Triptanes
3rd June 2015, 04:19 PM
Even if it has happened in crap circumstances, he deserves it after the summer he had.

Bunga
3rd June 2015, 04:28 PM
Rumblah & from this photo I am sure Ahmed has missed out :-

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-first-test-west-indies-adam-voges-set-to-debut-fawad-ahmed-miss-out/~/media/64AC59DC88A6487191BDE3B18574BBE8.ashx

Leg-spinner Fawad Ahmed also had a conversation with Waugh, but their meeting ended not with a warm handshake but with the selector placing a consolatory hand on the Victorian's shoulder.

Histrionics
3rd June 2015, 05:07 PM
Starts at 12 tonight, yeah?

rossi
3rd June 2015, 05:10 PM
Starts at 12 tonight, yeah?

:approve:

Terrible time for us here really

Histrionics
3rd June 2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah not great. I start work a bit later tomorrow which helps. Willl be able to watch the first hour or 2.

Histrionics
4th June 2015, 01:08 AM
Voges to debut in first Windies Test | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/adam-voges-australia-test-debut-442-west-indies-first-test-dominica/2015-06-03)

Rumblah
4th June 2015, 01:36 AM
Windies won the toss and choose to bat first.

Raffi
4th June 2015, 01:58 AM
IN*

*Until I fall asleep

rossi
4th June 2015, 02:00 AM
in for first couple of overs

Raffi
4th June 2015, 02:02 AM
Solid crowd :wat:

rossi
4th June 2015, 02:08 AM
:daz: Brathwaite needs a few more cherries on his bat. It's basically made of leather.

Raffi
4th June 2015, 02:11 AM
:daz: Brathwaite needs a few more cherries on his bat. It's basically made of leather.

Was just gonna say it looks like his bat has been handed down thru about 6 generations

Bunga
4th June 2015, 02:17 AM
Nice fielding Starc lol.

Bunga
4th June 2015, 02:18 AM
MJ needs to fire up, not on song early.

rossi
4th June 2015, 02:20 AM
MJ needs to fire up, not on song early.

Hasn't been on song for 6 months tbh. He'd want to ream England again.

Ariel_WELBZ
4th June 2015, 02:23 AM
This outfield is horrendous :drake:

Bunga
4th June 2015, 02:27 AM
HazleGOAT !!!!

Bunga
4th June 2015, 02:30 AM
Brathwaite doesn't move his front foot much at all so suspect to the full outswinger - reckon we will target that area for the rest of the series against him.

Rumblah
4th June 2015, 02:35 AM
Never change Starc.

Rumblah
4th June 2015, 03:14 AM
Catch Pup. Lyon strikes. 63/2.

Red Neville
4th June 2015, 05:04 AM
:aka:

6/91

Red Bear
4th June 2015, 09:33 AM
Rolled for 148. Aus 3/85. Smith and voges in

Rumblah
4th June 2015, 10:52 AM
Rolled for 148. Aus 3/85. Smith and voges in
:itrl:

rossi
4th June 2015, 10:57 AM
inb4 collapse

Histrionics
4th June 2015, 12:42 PM
No collapse when Steve GOAT is in.

Still Waiteing
4th June 2015, 01:12 PM
Test will be done by day 3, after we roll the WOAT Indies for another pathetic score.

Rumblah
4th June 2015, 04:21 PM
Just caught up on everything I missed. Voges catch was :notbad:

Warner and Clarke's wickets were really poor dismissals. No idea what was going through Clarke's head.

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 02:31 AM
No collapse when Steve GOAT is in.
:tear:

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 02:38 AM
Woatson off the mark with a top edged pull shot.

rossi
5th June 2015, 02:39 AM
Watson and Haddin in at 6 and 7 is gross

Bunga
5th June 2015, 02:43 AM
Pitch is slow & the outfield very slow - need to be patient & grind away. would love to see Voges make a big score here & cement his spot in the side for the Ashes.

This spinner Bishoo looks really good,Windies have a real find there.

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 02:45 AM
Woatson out.

Bunga
5th June 2015, 02:45 AM
Just get the fuck out of the test side WOATson you fucking mutt :(

rossi
5th June 2015, 02:46 AM
Heaps glad we rushed him over there to play

Bunga
5th June 2015, 02:53 AM
Surprised WOATson didn't ask for a review tbh :kanyeshrug:

Bunga
5th June 2015, 03:03 AM
What a ball !!!

Raoul Duke
Well we are still great on slow turning wickets I see.

Rumblah
Get rekt Haddin you dumb cunt.

Bunga
Shades of Warne's ball of the century to Gatting right there.

Bunga
5th June 2015, 03:06 AM
Is anyone really surprised that Woatson & Hadds failed again with the bat? These 2 campaigners need to moved on ASAP for our test team to get better, they have been carried for far too long.

Voges is the only one that looks good out there, need someone to give him some decent support.

Axel.
5th June 2015, 03:08 AM
Wish those two mutts would just end themselves

Triptanes
5th June 2015, 03:08 AM
Not watching, but did lol when I just looked at the scoreboard and saw Haddin hit a six on the eighth ball of his innings and was out on his tenth.

Still Waiteing
5th June 2015, 03:58 AM
Johnson and VogesGOAT putting on a nice stand here. Strong tail that can bat should see us make around 270

Triptanes
5th June 2015, 04:50 AM
Voges get his :50: on debut :realmvp:

Raoul Duke
5th June 2015, 05:13 AM
No shock to see us being dismantled on a turning pitch but got to give lots of credit to Bishoo, this really has been an outstanding display of leg spin bowling, the best i've seen in a while. The pitch is obviously very conducive to it but has taken full advantage.

Triptanes
5th June 2015, 06:08 AM
Hang in there for about 8-10 overs pls Hazlewood.

BobbyVanVeen
5th June 2015, 08:07 AM
Can I just say, Voges is better than a gun. more like a rocket launcher or mortar.

Red Bear
5th June 2015, 09:30 AM
Voges [emoji14]roud:

rossi
5th June 2015, 10:18 AM
Voges and the tail :proud:

Haddin and WOATson :disappoint:

Bunga
5th June 2015, 10:56 AM
Voges you fucking beauty!

Great start to his test career, secured his spot for the Ashes :)

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 11:32 AM
:realmvp: Voges.

Still Waiteing
5th June 2015, 11:55 AM
Johnson and VogesGOAT putting on a nice stand here. Strong tail that can bat should see us make around 270

:notbad:

Test will be done by day 3, after we roll the WOAT Indies for another pathetic score.

:notbad:

Time to reshuffle the order. Hazelwood at 9. Bad Hands at 10. WOATson 11

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 01:09 PM
Rather Haddin at 12 and Woatson 13.

Red Bear
5th June 2015, 01:31 PM
Perfect that Bad Hands is the one to get out to that Bishoo ball. Gives the perfect reasoning for media pals that "It was unplayable," another free pass

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 01:37 PM
Perfect that Bad Hands is the one to get out to that Bishoo ball. Gives the perfect reasoning for media pals that "It was unplayable," another free pass

This. Sad how averaging 14.85 since Feb 2014 takes a backseat in this scenario.

Triptanes
5th June 2015, 02:16 PM
Voges :realmvp::proud:. Still no-one can get him out. Nice work by Hazlewood to stick round for him to get there, and then some.

Raffi
5th June 2015, 03:30 PM
Over the last two years Australia has averaged a combined total of 77.3 for wickets eight, nine and ten. :notbad:

More than WOATson and the Butter Fingers i would imagine.

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 03:39 PM
Over the last two years Australia has averaged a combined total of 77.3 for wickets eight, nine and ten. :notbad:

More than WOATson and the Butter Fingers i would imagine.
In 20 of 46 innings since 2013, Australia have lost 5 wickets for less than 150 runs.

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 08:53 PM
Anyone else rustled by the Bishoo ball being compared to the Warne ball of the century?

It's pretty much what you want for a stock standard leggie. Pitch on leg, hit the top of off. He just happened to have a tard on strike who played it with an angled bat.

Raffi
5th June 2015, 09:13 PM
Anyone else rustled by the Bishoo ball being compared to the Warne ball of the century?

It's pretty much what you want for a stock standard leggie. Pitch on leg, hit the top of off. He just happened to have a tard on strike who played it with an angled bat.

Yeah also rustled. Warnes pitched like a foot wider and actually knocked over a capable batsman.

rossi
5th June 2015, 09:29 PM
Yeah pitching leg, hitting off is a stock legspinner delivery :jagsfan:

It was a good ball either way but the fapping over it probably just highlights the dearth of great legspinners since Warnie.

Rumblah
5th June 2015, 09:35 PM
Just replayed the Gatting ball on the 7 pre-game. Just an absurd nut.

Ariel_WELBZ
5th June 2015, 09:48 PM
Side by side the difference is damming. Warnes ball was just pure freak

Rumblah
6th June 2015, 02:24 AM
HazleGOAT strikes. Good catch taken by Warner.

rossi
6th June 2015, 02:24 AM
Nice catch

Dogbloke V3
6th June 2015, 02:36 AM
Camera replays of peace

Rumblah
6th June 2015, 02:37 AM
Can't give it out based on what we've seen.

Dogbloke V3
6th June 2015, 02:43 AM
Can't give it out based on what we've seen.

It's because you didn't see anything

Red Neville
6th June 2015, 07:37 AM
YES Samuels caught Mitch b Mitch... that's the one we needed

Wonderful stumping before for Bad Handlin' :drake: but they all count

Red Neville
6th June 2015, 09:20 AM
Well that was all rather easy in the end.

Red Bear
6th June 2015, 12:14 PM
Yeah.

Annoying when test match perfectly coincides with sleeping times.

Starc ended up with 4, I heard he was bowling crap early on? mopped up the tail I see

Raffi
6th June 2015, 12:51 PM
The sports media is really starting to rustle me. "Starc channels Wasim Akram" :what: He knocked over the No. 1, 9, 10, 11.

Rumblah
6th June 2015, 12:54 PM
Yeah.

Annoying when test match perfectly coincides with sleeping times.

Starc ended up with 4, I heard he was bowling crap early on? mopped up the tail I see

Was bowling garbage up until 2am. Can't tell you what happened after that, fell asleep. Short and down leg, short and outside off by 3 foot, full but no swing even though Hazlewood was swinging it nicely from the other end. I tell ya what, Hazlewood's first ball of the day swung a mile really really late.

The sports media is really starting to rustle me. "Starc channels Wasim Akram" :what: He knocked over the No. 1, 9, 10, 11.

It's Bishoo-Warne all over again. I watched the highlights of his wickets just then after searching for that headline lmao. Decent deliveries, basically what we're after from Starc but yeah, guess we're just glossing over the fact it was 9, 10 and 11 because Starc is the best ever. You think this is bad mate, wait until Aaron Finch opens after Rogers retires, and the comm box will declare it the most dangerous opening combo the world has ever seen.

Raffi
6th June 2015, 01:07 PM
The ball that knocked over the opener was a nice cherry. :warne: The rest were tailenders doing their best Brad Haddin impersonation.

rossi
6th June 2015, 03:21 PM
Just saw the highlights... stumping of peace from Haddin.

Rumblah
9th June 2015, 01:21 AM
Rogers seems to be in big doubt for the second Test too. :(

Rumblah
9th June 2015, 01:39 AM
The Ashes: Sky Sports pundits rework 'We Didn't Start The Fire'... (http://www1.skysports.com/cricket/news/12340/9876081/the-ashes-sky-sports-pundits-rework-we-didnt-start-the-fire)

Brilliant.

Bunga
10th June 2015, 12:40 PM
Rogers ruled out of Jamaica Test | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/chris-rogers-out-second-test-west-indies-jamaica-concussion-shaun-marsh-opening/2015-06-10)

Opener still feeling effects of concussion and will be replaced by Shaun Marsh at Sabina Park

Opener Chris Rogers is still dealing with the symptoms of concussion and has been ruled out of the second Test against the West Indies in Kingston, starting on Thursday. Shaun Marsh is set to replace Rogers at the top of the order for the match at Sabina Park, as he did in the first Test. Rogers was struck on the helmet at training in Dominica nine days ago before he experienced dizzy spells and a headache later that evening. He was subsequently ruled out of the first Test by the Bupa Support Team doctor Peter Brukner, a decision made in line with Cricket Australia's policy on concussion.

At the time, Brukner said Rogers' symptoms were expected to subside in a few days and it was likely he would recover in time for the second Test. But in an update provided on Sunday, Brukner said Rogers was still experiencing symptoms and today it was decided that the opener would again miss out. "Chris has improved but he is still not 100 per cent so we are restricting his training (and) therefore he is unavailable for selection for the second Test," Brukner said. "While most concussions resolve within a week there is a significant number who remain symptomatic and require a longer period of recovery. Unfortunately Chris is in this category. "We will continue to monitor his progress and hopefully it will not be too long before he is back to full training."

Rumblah
10th June 2015, 01:47 PM
:rustle:

Bunga
11th June 2015, 03:24 PM
Windies sweat on key duo on Test eve | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-west-indies-second-test-preview-ramdin-samuels-blackwood-clarke-sabina-park-tickets/2015-06-11)

Selection headaches for Denesh Ramdin's men as Australia look set to play an unchanged XI

The West Indies are sweating on the fitness of Marlon Samuels and Jermaine Blackwood ahead of the second Test against Australia, starting in Kingston on Thursday. Samuels trained on Tuesday but missed Wednesday's final session due to illness while Blackwood was struck on the helmet during net practice. Captain Denesh Ramdin said he will wait for a final assessment from the team's medical staff and one last look at the surface at Sabina Park before announcing his team's final XI on the morning of the match, due to start Friday 1am AEST. "(Samuels) is just under the weather," Ramdin said.

"The physio will have a look at him later and see how he feels. Hopefully he can play tomorrow. "(Blackwood) just got a hit on the helmet. He's just icing it at the moment. We'll just have to speak to the physio and see where he's at."

Rumblah
11th June 2015, 03:25 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/10/07c64e266fcc9c7614573ed67630e437.jpg

Pitch for tonights Second Test. :banderas:

Expecting that grass to be shaved off. :roo:

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 02:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHA I just saw the Haddin stumping omg. I thought you guys were being legit when you praising him LMAO.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 02:33 AM
Ah fuk West Indies won the toss and will bowl first. Grass was not shaved off, so expecting us to collapse as per.

Dogbloke V3
12th June 2015, 02:53 AM
HAHAHAHAHA I just saw the Haddin stumping omg. I thought you guys were being legit when you praising him LMAO.

Link I still havnt seen it

Raoul Duke
12th June 2015, 03:02 AM
Strong start.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:03 AM
Warner out 3 balls in for a globe. Third time Taylor gets him for the series.

Triptanes
12th June 2015, 03:04 AM
:tlj:

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:04 AM
Can probably still find the highlights from the day on CA's website. I caught the replay before this Test started.

Triptanes
12th June 2015, 03:08 AM

No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=wicket-blackwood_1227385679572&vc=215)

Bunga
12th June 2015, 03:17 AM
Why was Warner even playing at that ball? Well wide of off stump & bouncing high. I know he likes to feel bat on ball early in his innings but on a pitch that looks like it is offering a bit to the bowlers early on he should be leaving as much as possible until he gets set.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:25 AM
Marsh done. Awesome.

Raoul Duke
12th June 2015, 03:27 AM
:disappoint: that we are 2 down early, but happy that Voges is now all but locked in for the first ashes test as a result.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:28 AM
:disappoint: that we are 2 down early, but happy that Voges is now all but locked in for the first ashes test as a result.
There would be riots if they dropped the only guy that has made runs for this series.

Raoul Duke
12th June 2015, 03:31 AM
There would be riots if they dropped the only guy that has made runs for this series.

If Marsh had of made runs here and Voges didn't though.... Well you know what our selectors are like.

Triptanes
12th June 2015, 03:37 AM
Would still be worried about what they could do, but also think for the Ashes that is probably a good outcome.

Except if we lose this test. Or Marsh is the matchwinner in the second innings or something.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:41 AM
The only way Voges misses is if big Maxxy makes some cheap T20 runs somewhere in the next month. Or Voges gets injured.

Dogbloke V3
12th June 2015, 03:43 AM
No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=wicket-blackwood_1227385679572&vc=215)

LOL

Bunga
12th June 2015, 03:48 AM
Any chance of us scoring a run off Taylor's bowling lol?

5 overs, 5 maidens, 2-0 - what a start by him.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:52 AM
Lol Clarke out.

Edit - no ball lel. Lucky as fuck.

showdownhero
12th June 2015, 04:59 AM
good dig here by smith and clarke

Raffi
12th June 2015, 10:08 AM

:drake::drake::drake:

Raffi
12th June 2015, 10:09 AM
GOAT Smith saves the day again :proud:

rossi
12th June 2015, 10:55 AM
Smith :dasit:

Histrionics
12th June 2015, 11:11 AM
What a man.

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 11:33 AM
Dreamt we were bundled out for 99 and West Indies were 5/100 in reply.

:dasit: GOAT.

Still Waiteing
12th June 2015, 12:36 PM
THA GOD! :dasit:

Red Bear
12th June 2015, 01:12 PM
Where does Smith rate on present batsmen?

Kumar and AB would be the first couple you'd go for I think. Smith, Root, Amla, Williamson maybe the next lot. Order debateable.

Axel.
12th June 2015, 02:26 PM
in4 glorious watson 30

Axel.
12th June 2015, 02:27 PM
and smith double :banderas:

Rumblah
12th June 2015, 03:21 PM
in4 glorious watson 30
You left off a zero.

Mr Snrub
12th June 2015, 03:27 PM
:realmvp:

Deledinho
12th June 2015, 05:49 PM
You added a zero.

EFA

Red Neville
12th June 2015, 07:35 PM
Where does Smith rate on present batsmen?

Kumar and AB would be the first couple you'd go for I think. Smith, Root, Amla, Williamson maybe the next lot. Order debateable.

AB for sheer class but if you want someone to bat for your life it's Smith.

Bunga
12th June 2015, 09:45 PM
5 100's in his last 6 tests for the GOAT :dasit::realmvp::approve:

Axel.
12th June 2015, 09:46 PM
You left off a zero.

Alright settle

rossi
13th June 2015, 03:03 AM
Anyone got a stream? Mine are all going to the England ODI.

rossi
13th June 2015, 03:05 AM
all good

rossi
13th June 2015, 03:10 AM
:wat:son :v :v :v

Rumblah
:drake:

rossi
Big Hads to make double figures today I reckon

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 03:11 AM
Best 6 and 7 combo in the world lads!

Triptanes
13th June 2015, 03:12 AM
:banderas::realmvp:

rossi
Review for a duck

Axel.
5 short of the best 30 you'll ever see in your life

Rumblah
Oh lord pls be out.

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 03:19 AM
FUCKING DUMB DOG

Axel.
Lmao omg haddin what a spastic

Still Waiteing
How many chances does WOATson get? Delist.

rossi
13th June 2015, 03:21 AM
lol just get out m8

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 03:36 AM
Hads has more runs than his average :banderas:

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 03:43 AM
R
E
K
T

rossi
13th June 2015, 03:43 AM
strong test match batting

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 03:44 AM
On a serious note, a really good bowling performance from Taylor here. Shame Roach has been garbage.

Triptanes
13th June 2015, 03:49 AM
"One of the best cameos by a wicketkeeper batsman the world has seen" - Healy/Brayshaw

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 04:13 AM
150 for the GOAT. :realmvp:

Red Neville
13th June 2015, 06:22 AM
lb for 199 :roo:

Poor fucker

Red Bear
13th June 2015, 11:41 AM
So Haddin got dropped then threw his wicket away?

8/143. Hazlewood 3/15 :proud: also 3 fa for Lyon

Red Bear
13th June 2015, 11:44 AM
On a serious note, a really good bowling performance from Taylor here. Shame Roach has been garbage.Been a huge fan of Roach since he came on the scene but his last 6 months hve been weird, in and out of side, bowled well one test v the poms then crap here. Shame, he's been the best Windies quick in many years, maybe mentality isn't great

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 11:44 AM
So Haddin got dropped then threw his wicket away?

8/143. Hazlewood 3/15 [emoji14]roud: also 3 fa for Lyon
Got dropped, almost chopped on (ball missed leg by max of 5cm) then next ball went the big Hads drive and missed it completely. Stumps everywhere.

Still Waiteing
13th June 2015, 11:50 AM
Seen the highlights this morning. Shattered.

Good bowling performance doe.

Raffi
13th June 2015, 11:59 AM
Smith gonna outscore WI. They don't call him GOAT for nothing.

GOAT smiley for the Ashes??

Histrionics
13th June 2015, 12:01 PM
YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

Raffi
13th June 2015, 12:13 PM
Thoughts on this or any suggestions?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/26/2443779000000578-2887293-image-m-26_1419555656096.jpg

Edit, or we could have a bigger one of him raising the bat since he's gonna be doing it so often.

Histrionics
13th June 2015, 12:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UanBR.png?fb

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 12:33 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/12/7d702985c460857cfea33bae6aec2b73.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/12/610bd103b96697550f1261aa5a52303d.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/12/dabed79eca102c863ce068d5d6237aae.jpg

Histrionics
13th June 2015, 12:35 PM
http://www.cricket.com.au/~/media/News/2014/12/15Smith_thumbsup.ashx

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 12:36 PM
Ye in for thumbs up Smithy.

Raffi
13th June 2015, 12:38 PM
http://s1.stabroeknews.com/images/2015/06/20150612stevepic.jpg

Triptanes
13th June 2015, 01:11 PM
Should be this, I'm sure there is a bigger one of him somewhere doing this.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2014/12/10/1227151/380637-c7bbdf68-801e-11e4-9363-aba3d5afaa70.jpg

Raoul Duke
13th June 2015, 01:18 PM
Thumbs up for sure, has more use across the forum imo.

Red Bear
13th June 2015, 01:19 PM
Thumbs up for sure, has more use across the forum imo.We can get ris of the kobe :approve: for the true GOAT

rossi
13th June 2015, 01:36 PM
:roo: that he missed out on the double. At least hes showing he can go on with an innings now.

Raffi
13th June 2015, 01:36 PM
:GOAT:

Histrionics
13th June 2015, 01:39 PM

Rumblah
13th June 2015, 03:22 PM
Ohhhhh boy.

:GOAT: :GOAT: :GOAT:

Bunga
13th June 2015, 03:38 PM

New smilie is :fap:

rossi
13th June 2015, 03:55 PM
It looks like his thumb is coming out of the screen :GOAT:

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 01:50 AM
Been a huge fan of Roach since he came on the scene but his last 6 months hve been weird, in and out of side, bowled well one test v the poms then crap here. Shame, he's been the best Windies quick in many years, maybe mentality isn't great

Ye they've mentioned a few times on commentary that he just hasn't had a decent run at it in recent times. They showed his career stats by year and his two fit years have been incredible, once any injury comes along he just seems to struggle to build any momentum in his game.

ESPN Cricinfo presents their year-by-year stats differently to how they were displayed during the telecast, I was attempting to relay them here.

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 03:26 AM
MJ and HazleGOAT getting rekt by Holder here. Time for some Starc magic :troll:

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 03:30 AM
50 up for Holder with a 6. Going fkn HAM.

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 04:00 AM
Another five for HazleGOAT. Everyone bowled pretty bad this morning but he managed to get both wickets.

rossi
14th June 2015, 05:19 AM
I hope Smith has another 100 in the morning

Still Waiteing
14th June 2015, 07:27 AM
Warner....terrible shot selection :mick:

Red Bear
14th June 2015, 07:28 AM
Marsh scoring runs :judd:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Indie
14th June 2015, 12:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is Smith's current test average 56.24?

He's come along way from not being good enough to bat at number six in 2011.

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 12:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is Smith's current test average 56.24?

He's come along way from not being good enough to bat at number six in 2011.
You are correct. :GOAT:

Gonna be interesting to see who makes way for Harris come that first Ashes Test. Starc missing makes sense but I just know it's gonna be Haze.

Indie
14th June 2015, 12:36 PM
You are correct. :GOAT:

Gonna be interesting to see who makes way for Harris come that first Ashes Test. Starc missing makes sense but I just know it's gonna be Haze.

At the moment I'd be tempted to drop Johnson.

Histrionics
14th June 2015, 12:42 PM
Hmm the English conditions probably suit Johnson the least. Won't happen though.

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 12:42 PM
At the moment I'd be tempted to drop Johnson.
On form sure it makes sense. His reputation as the English wrecking ball would suffer too much and I genuinely believe the selectors value reputation over form anyway.

Bunga
14th June 2015, 01:47 PM
Drop WOATson for Harris - 5 man bowling attack. Johnson/Harris/Starc & HazleGOAT offer more with the bat than that pleb anyway.

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 01:48 PM
Drop WOATson for Harris - 5 man bowling attack. Johnson/Harris/Starc & HazleGOAT offer more with the bat than that pleb anyway.

:tlj: That means Haddin bats at 6.

Bunga
14th June 2015, 01:59 PM
:tlj: That means Haddin bats at 6.

But at least we get rid of one guy who offers nothing with the bat or ball. Move everyone up, Haddin bats at 11 - specialist keeper ....

Dogbloke V3
14th June 2015, 04:03 PM
On form sure it makes sense. His reputation as the English wrecking ball would suffer too much and I genuinely believe the selectors value reputation over form anyway.

My only problem with the whole reputation thing is where the fuck did hadz get positive reputation with selectors?! He's in red rep everywhere else

Rumblah
14th June 2015, 04:04 PM
My only problem with the whole reputation thing is where the fuck did hadz get positive reputation with selectors?! He's in red rep everywhere else
No gag reflex.

rossi
14th June 2015, 04:05 PM

He saved us a few times in the last ashes but he's been living off that ever since.

Triptanes
14th June 2015, 04:06 PM
Clarke must have had somwhere to get to :flem:. Stopped Smith from scoring another ton, the jealous prick :disappoint:

rossi
14th June 2015, 04:08 PM
Yeah we could have batted a lot longer but I guess they want to finish in 4 days. It was the perfect chance for Clarke to get some time at the crease.

Axel.
14th June 2015, 04:12 PM
so haddin and watson end the series with an average of 15 and 18. :v

oh lord if we do keep them i can see england winning a few games.

Axel.
14th June 2015, 04:16 PM
hazegoat av is 8.8 atm with an eco of 1.83

:banderas:

laz cat
14th June 2015, 05:30 PM
hazegoat av is 8.8 atm with an eco of 1.83

:banderas:

And 32 with the bat :dasit:

Axel.
14th June 2015, 09:19 PM
And 32 with the bat :dasit:

almost more than both the spastics combined :drake:

Triptanes
14th June 2015, 09:25 PM
Saw in some highlights that Haddin took a catch between his legs. Didn't he do that in the first test as well? Better strike rate than his gloves.

Red Neville
15th June 2015, 12:24 AM
Saw in some highlights that Haddin took a catch between his legs. Didn't he do that in the first test as well? Better strike rate than his gloves.

In the first Test he took a stumping between his legs :drake:

rossi
15th June 2015, 12:34 AM
Let's just replace him with a pair of pads. Would probably bat batter too.

Rumblah
15th June 2015, 12:37 AM
Getting rustled at the amount of people that are dropping Hazlewood for the first Ashes Test.

CA put out a poll, 20% of voters chose to remove Hazlewood.

Triptanes
15th June 2015, 12:40 AM
It's the only catch he's taken off Lyon for the series, so maybe I was thinking of the stumping.

I'll just leave this here instead - No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=johnsons-ball-hits-helmet_1227395795276&vc=215). Such a troll, gotta love how he always turns and smiles when he fucks up rather than going and getting the ball.

Bunga
15th June 2015, 12:57 AM
Getting rustled at the amount of people that are dropping Hazlewood for the first Ashes Test.

CA put out a poll, 20% of voters chose to remove Hazlewood.

Fucking muppets - Hazlewood is a combination of McGrath & Alderman for mine, we all know well those 2 performed in England - reckon Hazlewood will be exactly the same.

Raffi
15th June 2015, 01:22 AM
Lets be cereal tho. We all know it's gon be Haze that gets dropped.

rossi
15th June 2015, 01:50 AM
Hazlewood is perfect for English conditions. Poster boy Starc will keep his spot now that everyone thinks he's an amazing bowler, even though he's never performed in the longer format.

Rumblah
15th June 2015, 01:57 AM
Hazlewood is perfect for English conditions. Poster boy Starc will keep his spot now that everyone thinks he's an amazing bowler, even though he's never performed in the longer format.
In swinging yorkers combined with getting both openers this morning will somehow be valued higher than 5/38.

Smh.

Rumblah
15th June 2015, 03:21 AM
Starc gets the first. 20/3.

Rumblah
15th June 2015, 03:23 AM
Good call for a review there Hads ya blind cunt.

Red Neville
15th June 2015, 03:38 AM
Now Bravo goneski

Red Neville
15th June 2015, 03:47 AM
Haze :proud:

Red Neville
15th June 2015, 04:33 AM
Johnno bashes the Bishop

(that's a cricket score, not a bit of gossip)