Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

LC
21st December 2014, 08:00 PM
Who's in your squad of 30.

And your squad of 15...

Discus/javelin...

LC
21st December 2014, 08:09 PM
Batsmen - Warner, Finch, Clarke, Bailey, Smith, White, Watson (Maddinson, Lynn, Burns, Voges, S.Marsh)
Keepers - Wade (Haddin)
All Rounders - Faulkner, Maxwell, M.Marsh (Christian, Henriques, Abbott)
Bowlers - Johnson, Cummins, Hazlewood, Richardson, (Boyce, Bollinger, Doherty, Lyon, Starc, Behrendorff)

John Smith
21st December 2014, 08:10 PM
Lasith Malinga would be a badass javelin thrower.

Rumblah
22nd December 2014, 02:17 PM
Batsmen - Warner, Finch, Clarke, Bailey, Smith, White, Watson (Maddinson, Lynn, Burns, Voges, S.Marsh)
Keepers - Wade (Haddin)
All Rounders - Faulkner, Maxwell, M.Marsh (Christian, Henriques, Abbott)
Bowlers - Johnson, Cummins, Hazlewood, Richardson, (Boyce, Bollinger, Doherty, Lyon, Starc, Behrendorff)

- Think your batsman are spot on, although I think they'll free up a spot by not including White.
- Swap the keepers around, Haddin is the keeper until he decides, sadly.
- With those three all-rounders likely to feature in all our sides, I can see them taking an extra one in the final squad. Probably whoever does okay in a BBL match will get the nod.
- Replace Richardson with one of Doherty or Boyce, I'd say Doherty given the selectors recently raved that his terrible record was really impressive.

Easty
22nd December 2014, 03:24 PM
Can't see a front line spinner playing much tbh. Think they'll just use Maxwell for a few overs instead and the rest of the time use seamers.

Spudregus_87
23rd December 2014, 01:53 AM
Here's the XI I hope we play for most of our games

Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith*
Bailey
Maxwell
Wade+
Faulkner
Johnson
Cummins
Hazelwood

Then play Lyon or Boyce for Adelaide/Sydney/Melbourne for Cummins. Watson, Faulker, Johnson & Maxwell share the all-rounder duties.

Don't hold massive confidence in Maxwell/Watson despite being entrenched in the side. Neither seem to be able to produce consistency, however, their ceilings are so high, not to mention Maxwell is one of the country's better fielders.

Clarke has until Feb 13 to prove his fitness, so there'll be massive question marks until then. Personally, I'm planning for a World Cup in which he doesn't feature prominently.

Raoul Duke
23rd December 2014, 02:11 AM
Just in defence of X. Obviously not hugely popular round here, but I daresay he will be in the squad of 15 at least, pretty rare occasion when we don't pick a spinner.

His numbers obviously don't jump off the paper, but let's not forget he is primarily a defensive spinner whose job is to try tie up an end and he generally does pretty well in that regard. His career economy rate is 4.75 but that rate drops to 4.35 in 26 matches on Australian pitches and then drops further to 4.15 over the past 2 summers. When you have the likes of Johnson, Faulkner, Cummins etc who are very aggressive bowlers and are therefore prone to leaking runs, he serves a purpose in the side. He may not be the greatest spinner, but he will do a job.

Rumblah
11th January 2015, 10:04 AM
Squad released:

#cwc15 (http://www.rollingzone.com.au/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=cwc15) squad: Clarke, Bailey, Cummins, Doherty, Faulkner, Finch, Haddin, Hazlewood, Johnson, M Marsh, Maxwell, Smith, Starc, Warner, Watson

John Smith
11th January 2015, 10:09 AM
Clarke what a stupid decision.

Red Bear
11th January 2015, 10:13 AM
Who do you think comes in for Clarke, should he miss?

From that I would probably go
Finch
Warner
Watson
Clarke
Smith
Mitch Marsh
Haddin
Faulkner/Maxwell
Johnson
Doherty/Maxwell
Starc

Basically pick one of Maxwell or Doherty, Maxwell obv bats a bit higher up the order

Hazlewood, Bailey, Cummins used as necessary.

Starc could easily be replaced by Cummins though, or Hazlewood, but when he's actually on his game he's a damn good white ball cricketer.

I wish they'd been brave and picked Boyce though. Doherty reeks. Not sure about picking cummins and hazlewood either tbh, there may be some better options out there.

John Smith
11th January 2015, 10:24 AM
They are not in a million years going to drop Bailey even if Clarke is fit.

Spudregus_87
11th January 2015, 10:30 AM
Still like the side I posted above, even if Haddin has to replace Wade :(

Rumblah
11th January 2015, 10:41 AM
I don't believe adding Clarke benefits the ODI side to be honest, and adding to that if it hurts his Test career it's even worse. We saw in the last ODI series that Clarke playing meant Smith missed out, and I really hope that doesn't happen again because part of me will actually start resenting Clarke's selfishness. Maxwell to play as the #1 (http://www.rollingzone.com.au/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) spinner who might make runs

Finch
Warner
Watson
Clarke
Bailey
MMarsh
Maxwell
Haddin
Faulkner
Johnson
Cummins

Doherty, Hazlewood, Smith, Starc as cover.

Haha omg Smith is going to fucking miss.

Easty
11th January 2015, 11:03 AM
Is Finch really an automatic selection at the moment?

Red Bear
11th January 2015, 11:06 AM
Is Finch really an automatic selection at the moment?I really don't rate him that highly, and can see him having a dreadful world cup. I think we'd be better with Watson opening in ODI's, then Clarke Smith bailey, then aggression. But he's scored the most ODI runs in 2014 for Australia and been reasonably good, even though he just gets himself out to dumb, dumb shots all the time

BobbyVanVeen
11th January 2015, 11:12 AM
no, but past form in the international arena has been a stronger. deserves his shot. Not sure about Maxwell but was always going to happen. Dont know about Marsh saying he is a good bloke though. Anyone who calls themselves the Big Show and reverse sweeping in Tests is clearly up himself.

T/20 form is hard to gauge as the games are so short.

Rumblah
11th January 2015, 11:15 AM
Is Finch really an automatic selection at the moment?
Not a fan personally but 76 and 109 in 2 of his last 3 odi's locks him in.

TSYW
11th January 2015, 11:18 AM
Seems like a squad that was decided upon months ago.

Red Bear
11th January 2015, 11:23 AM
We don't seem to have that hussey/Bevo type. I guess faulkner hits out a bit but it's a bit different role. As a result the side just seems to lack a bit of balance.

Squad doesn't look quite right but im also struggling to think of genuine alternatives (other than boyce for Doherty - and even then Boyce hasnt been that impressive just yet, although looks a reasonable bowler).

rossi
11th January 2015, 11:25 AM
Needs more Boyce and Behrendorf. Also waiting for Haddin to drop the world cup.

Rumblah
11th January 2015, 12:59 PM
Sam Jacobs, Phil Davis, Hamish Hartlett and John Butcher all tweeting their disappointment with the Doherty selection.

yeah_nah
11th January 2015, 01:35 PM
Whats wrong with Lyon for the one day squad? Shits on doherty and boyce.
In reality hogg would be the best odi spinner option :D

laz cat
11th January 2015, 02:25 PM
Would have liked to have seen Harris in the squad. Would have been worth picking him, and just playing him in the knockout games if need be.

Team looks a lot weaker without him. We're always going to have a weak/untried link in the bowling, which doesn't bode well for our spastic batting tendencies.

Dogbloke V3
11th January 2015, 03:18 PM
In4 drop catches everywhere

Rumblah
11th January 2015, 03:19 PM
White or SMarsh the likely replacements for Clarke if he doesn't get up in time. I think he has until game 2 to declare himself 100%.

yeah_nah
11th January 2015, 04:26 PM
Wait smith isnt in the team?

yeah_nah
11th January 2015, 04:27 PM
Never mind, he is

showdownhero
11th January 2015, 04:57 PM
Did anyone hear Rod Marsh's presser? When asked about the maxwell selection he replied "oh look Glenn's a great player and a great bloke, he'll have a great tournament... all the players will have a great tournament... think positively."

:50:

Triptanes
11th January 2015, 05:00 PM
Photo of Marsh at presser

https://growingoldbackwards.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/ian-hippie.jpg

Rumblah
11th January 2015, 06:34 PM
Standard Swampy to be honest. He's not real bright.

Histrionics
12th January 2015, 09:57 PM
Smith will play, he has to surely.

Still Waiteing
13th January 2015, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't even risk Clarke to be honest. Keep him in rehab and get him right for the West Indies and Ashes tours.

John Smith
13th January 2015, 12:11 AM
Pick two of Bailey, Smith and Clarke

Can't play all 3 in the same team, ruins the team balance.

Warner
Finch
Watson
X
X
Maxwell
Haddin
Faulkner
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 12:17 AM
You could, just open with watto and drop finch

Triptanes
13th January 2015, 12:21 AM
You could, just open with watto and drop finch

Would have thought Finch has been better than Warner for the last year though, but have no evidence of this. @Damon_3388 for stats on stats :tear:

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 12:22 AM
Did finch get dropped from the victorian team? Meanwhile warner is close to the best test batsman in the world

Triptanes
13th January 2015, 12:31 AM
Did finch get dropped from the victorian team? Meanwhile warner is close to the best test batsman in the world

Oh, this is a test match world cup?

Still Waiteing
13th January 2015, 12:32 AM
Would go:

Warner
Finch
Watson (cunt is a better one day player)
Smiffy
Bailey
M Darsh
Crabswell
Bad Hands
Starc (Should never play tests again)
Johnson
Hazlewood (Seriously don't know why Behrendorff wasn't selected)

- All players capable with the bat
- 30 overs between Johnson, Starc and Hazelwood
- 20 overs between M Darsh, Crabswell and Watson

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 12:32 AM
Oh, this is a test match world cup?
Must be, cant imagine why we'd select an injured clarke otherwise

Axel.
13th January 2015, 12:41 AM
why would you drop finch? :v he's averaged high 40s last year (50 at home) which includes 4 tons.

rossi
13th January 2015, 12:43 AM
Warner getting overrated again despite doing fuck all ever in ODIs.

John Smith
13th January 2015, 12:50 AM
Faulkner is a lock imo

Yes Warner is overrated but will never be dropped.

Still Waiteing
13th January 2015, 01:06 AM
Faulkner is a lock imo

Yes Warner is overrated but will never be dropped.

Can't believe I missed Faulkner :wat:

Crabswell out from my team then.

Rumblah
13th January 2015, 03:25 PM

Yeah he did, but has scores of 100 and 80-odd in two of his last three ODI's, so he's locked in. In terms of averages, Finch has been better in ODI's than Warner has. Though neither of them look likely to average 40 anytime soon.

Rumblah
13th January 2015, 03:27 PM
Clarke will play if fit no doubt, though he'll probably get rested a lot for the plebbish games, so Smith will get a few I guess. Still staggering to me how he isn't locked in at all forms. Maxwell will play, as will Faulks.

Still Waiteing
13th January 2015, 03:40 PM
What I will give the selectors credit for is that pretty much all of those players chosen in the 15 man squad are capable with the bat, bar Doherty.

Still Waiteing
13th January 2015, 03:41 PM
Clarke will play if fit no doubt, though he'll probably get rested a lot for the plebbish games, so Smith will get a few I guess. Still staggering to me how he isn't locked in at all forms. Maxwell will play, as will Faulks.

Smiffy should be a lock for his batting efforts against South Africa. He simply cannot miss a game when he is such a rich vein of form. Its a huge gamble with Clarke. A gamble we don't need to take.

Raffi
13th January 2015, 03:45 PM
Out if Maxwell plays.

DALBS
13th January 2015, 03:46 PM
Would go:

Warner
Finch
Watson (cunt is a better one day player)
Smiffy
Bailey
M Darsh
Crabswell
Bad Hands
Starc (Should never play tests again)
Johnson
Hazlewood (Seriously don't know why Behrendorff wasn't selected)

- All players capable with the bat
- 30 overs between Johnson, Starc and Hazelwood
- 20 overs between M Darsh, Crabswell and Watson

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/de/64/47/de6447e2409e86e2fbda260f2cc1e178.jpg

Rumblah
13th January 2015, 04:36 PM
Just on BehrenGOAT, and I think he's a fantastic bowler for what it's worth. I think what stopped CA from picking him is the fact there's already 3 left arm seamers in the squad. You could successfully argue he deserved a spot more than Cummins and Sandhu, but I think for squad variety those guys being right arm as well as good bowlers is what got them over the line.

Still would have taken BehrenGOAT over Doherty, mind you.

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 11:24 PM
Would take bero over starc as well tho?

Rumblah
13th January 2015, 11:36 PM
Would take bero over starc as well tho?
Personally ye I would but Starc has been good in previous ODI's. All three left armers deserve their spot in the squad, and you'd imagine all three will probably start barring injury.

Faulks 8, Starc 9, MJ 10, Cummins/ Haze 11.

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 11:40 PM
Forgot Faulkner was leftie cos the cvnt bats right handed :D

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 11:42 PM
Also, would we be having this conversation if we had all right arm bowlers and Berro was a righty too?

I don't think we would. Should it matter that much? I agree it probably does come into consideration but its kinda like Mr Burns putting Homer in at bat over Darryl Strawberry cos he's playing the percentages (although Starc and Berro are probably on similar levels)

Triptanes
13th January 2015, 11:47 PM
B'ff was never going to get selected for a WC because they hadn't given him any experience beforehand. No problem with Starc being ahead of him in a OD team, there probably isn't a heap between them in terms of bowling, and Starc can bat if required.

Rumblah
13th January 2015, 11:50 PM
Also, would we be having this conversation if we had all right arm bowlers and Berro was a righty too?

I don't think we would. Should it matter that much? I agree it probably does come into consideration but its kinda like Mr Burns putting Homer in at bat over Darryl Strawberry cos he's playing the percentages (although Starc and Berro are probably on similar levels)

I think we would, yeah. CA faps themselves silly over two things. Versatility and all-rounders. Having three lefties and three righties in the squad should provide decent enough attacks across all decks here.

Should it matter that much? Probably not and to be honest, even though I'm a left arm brah myself I've always thought right armers are more dangerous. Standard swing away from a right and into a left has always struck me as a better way to go, but CA loves a good leftie even if they suck so ye.

BehrenGOAT is the better overall bowler in my opinion, but Starc has the ODI runs on the board (so to speak), everyone at CA loves him and he's banging a Healy.

yeah_nah
13th January 2015, 11:54 PM
Does Brad Haddin have a daughter?

Imagine how many CA points you'd get for banging her.

and how many RZ points you'd get if you banged her up the bum :bun:

Rumblah
13th January 2015, 11:56 PM

She was rly sick not long ago bruh. Though coming out of his dink it was probably Brad's fault.

Triptanes
13th January 2015, 11:57 PM

do an internet search and review this post :drake:

yeah_nah
14th January 2015, 12:02 AM
did internet search and reviewed post

all in order here

:playon:

Bunga
14th January 2015, 03:54 PM
Personally don't think Clarke will have enough time to be 100% right, surely we will err on the side of caution & give him time to get himself right for the test series v Windies - as I have said before, he is not required in the ODI side, test matches is a completely different story.

My preferred best 11 would be :-

Finch
Warner
Watson
Smith
Bailey
M Marsh
Maxwell
Haddin
Faulkner
Johnson
Cummins

Great batting depth & plenty of bowling options.

rossi
14th January 2015, 04:04 PM
We should score 300 every game with that line up. I think Starc needs to be in there though.

Indie
16th January 2015, 08:13 PM
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/cricket/icc-cricket-world-cup/Will-There-be-a-Tournament-Hat-trick--1767059.html

John Smith
16th January 2015, 08:29 PM
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/cricket/icc-cricket-world-cup/Will-There-be-a-Tournament-Hat-trick--1767059.html

What are your thoughts Indie

Indie
16th January 2015, 08:30 PM
What are your thoughts Indie

Would have thought no is incredible value, no?

John Smith
16th January 2015, 08:32 PM

2011 - Roach Malinga
2007 - Malinga
2003 - Vaas Lee
1999 - Mustaq

Indie
16th January 2015, 08:33 PM
2011 - Roach Malinga
2007 - Malinga
2003 - Vaas Lee
1999 - Mustaq

So you're saying it's due?

:drake:

John Smith
16th January 2015, 08:35 PM
So you're saying it's due?

Well you could look at it that way. However with the increased number of teams in recent years it is a big no bet for mine.

Indie
16th January 2015, 08:35 PM
Well you could look at it that way. However with the increased number of teams in recent years it is a big no bet for mine.

Fair enough.

rossi
16th January 2015, 08:36 PM

1 in 99
2 in 03
2 in 07 (including double hattrick from Malinga)
1 in 2011

John Smith
16th January 2015, 08:38 PM
1 in 99
2 in 03
2 in 07 (including double hattrick from Malinga)
1 in 2011

I already said that mutt!!!!!!

rossi
16th January 2015, 08:40 PM
I already said that mutt!!!!!!

Must have posted while I was typing it m80

Red Bear
2nd February 2015, 04:06 PM
I don't think Australia should be such short priced favourites at this point. Australia have faced either poor form (India) or rubbish (England). Finch and Warner have been OK, but not great, Smith outstanding but otherwise 3-4-5 has been a black hole and Faulkner must be in some doubt now. They bat pretty deep, which is good, but I think we're quite vulnerable especially in the middle order. Our bowlers though are in good form and if they continue to fire we'll be strong.

Saffa's carry some poor players and lack a real quality all rounder at present, AB and Amla are in pretty sensational form though. Plus Steyn, Morkel, Philander is decent. I love them losing but I think if they finally get over the psychological barrier of winning a knock out game in the quarters they may steamroll the comp from there.

NZ in excellent form, gain with some glaring concerns (form of Guptil is horrid, Taylor not much better). Much like Smith for Australia, Williamson has been holding them together, getting him cheaply can be huge. Ronchi at 7 is in better form than Haddin though, and Vettori>Xdoh, but I feel we have better better fast bowling, they aren't so crash hot after Southee and Boult (although Milne is impressive).

Those three are the favourites, deservedly, given location and form.

Otherwise
- Lankans bowling looks shite. Dilshan, Sanga and Jayawardene are all in great form but they need Malinga to come back strongly and Matthews to hit some form or they will disappoint
- India have a good batting lineup but bowling just doesn't look like it will get them home if defending a small total.
- Pakistan are as enigmatic as ever. I think if you want a darkhorse outside those first three this would be the side, there are some quality batsmen, explosive hitters and a better fast bowling unit than the rest of the sub continent which is important out here. Prone to collapse but I think Misbah is a strong leader who rallies the team quite well.
- Englnd are fucking terrible at ODI cricket. Bell is inconsistent, middle order dull and they don't have anyone down the order who can attack near the end with any consistently and thus even the good starts (See Hobart) are wasted. Bowling is reasonable so they will be somewhat competitive but I think quarters exit.
- Windies in rabble mode, which is sad. Would love to see them just turn up and play really well but probably a risk of missing altogether if the Banga's get their shit together. Gayle, Holder, Roach need to fire.
- Banga's may be on the improve but like the windies unlikely to do a heap. Will likely be one of those two for the last quarter final spot.

The rest may cause concern but the tournament is set up to hurt the prospects of minnows going too far after 2007 saw India and Pakistan home early.

Looking forward to it though, think it will be really good.

James Pattinson
2nd February 2015, 07:21 PM
Think Afghanistan will win the tournament comfortably, rolling Australia for 84 in the final at the MCG and chasing it 0 down off 6.4 overs.

Rumblah
2nd February 2015, 10:29 PM
Stokes just smashed another 100 out. Baffled why he and Ballance aren't WC locks.

Brb gotta play Bopara :/

Spudregus_87
2nd February 2015, 10:48 PM
Stokes just smashed another 100 out. Baffled why he and Ballance aren't WC locks.

Brb gotta play Bopara :/

Agree 100%

Ali
Bell
Root
Pietersen
Morgan
Stokes
Butler
Broad
Woakes
Anderson
Finn

Is an infinitely better looking XI on paper than what they've been rocking recently.

Rumblah
2nd February 2015, 11:07 PM
Agree 100%

Ali
Bell
Root
Pietersen
Morgan
Stokes
Butler
Broad
Woakes
Anderson
Finn

Is an infinitely better looking XI on paper than what they've been rocking recently.
Would have Stokes at 3 personally. Has great shots and in form, also makes big runs in Australia. No one aside from KP wants KP in the English setup. Burnt too many bridges and Ballance is better anyway.

Bunga
2nd February 2015, 11:12 PM
With Bailey averaging 21 over his last 20 ODIs, passed 50 just once this summer (dropped 4 times in that innings I might add) & in just horrible form currently (he looked absolutely woeful on Sunday), does he get left out if Clarke is 100% fit?

Personally I think he is purely backup now, play him in the games v the minnows only.Faulkner is the big concern though, doubt we will see him till very late in the tournament - have to give plenty of time as side strains do require quite some time to heal.

My best 11 at the start of the tournament if Clarke is fit :-

Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
Clarke
Maxwell
M Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood

flight23
2nd February 2015, 11:14 PM
Watson, Clarke and Haddin really do stand out on that list

Rumblah
2nd February 2015, 11:15 PM
Don't want Clarke in either to be honest, but yes I'd imagine it's now impossible to drop Smith again. I'd imagine Clarke will be rotated heavily anyway so Bailey will feature a bit.

Rumblah
2nd February 2015, 11:17 PM
By the way we ain't doing shit if Faulkner is done. People will realise how important he is in terms of doing everything.

If that side strain is 4-6, gg.

John Smith
2nd February 2015, 11:47 PM
Looks a week tournament to be honest, not such a bad thing though as there should be a few upsets.

rossi
3rd February 2015, 12:18 AM
Clarke and Bailey will rotate. I don't mind Watson in the ODI squad either. Gives heaps of flexibility and he bats ok. Agree that Faulkner is super important but there's still a fair bit of time left. Final isn't until the end of March.

John Smith
3rd February 2015, 12:51 AM
Have to lock in teams and shit though rather soon, risky having both Clarke and Faulkner in it currently.

Easty
3rd February 2015, 01:06 PM
Anyone know what Afghanistan are paying to make the super 8's?

Bunga
3rd February 2015, 01:47 PM
No Cookies | Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup-2015-james-faulkner-injury-may-be-minor-could-still-play-in-tournament/story-fnhq5ybi-1227205536860)

AUSTRALIAN officials are understood to be quietly optimistic that James Faulkner’s World Cup campaign may not be over, confirming he won’t be held to Michael Clarke’s strict February 21 deadline for proving his fitness.

The matchwinning all-rounder is set to be given a few days to assess whether he is a chance of getting himself right, even if he can’t get back on the field until midway through the tournament.

Faulkner underwent scans in Melbourne yesterday after breaking down bowling in the one-day tri-series final, and Cricket Australia are expected to report that his injury falls in the minor category — although that could still mean a month out of action.

It’s likely selectors will give their No. 1 closer every opportunity to prove his fitness for the showpiece tournament kicking off on Saturday week, given his calmness under pressure as a closer makes him one of the most irreplaceable players in the squad.

Still Waiteing
3rd February 2015, 02:23 PM
News coming through that Faulks tha god is only out for two weeks. Will be back to face Bangladesh at the GABBA

:dasit:

Still Waiteing
3rd February 2015, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't even risk him in the group stages. Rest him up until the quarters.

Croc
4th February 2015, 08:22 AM
Looking forward to news of George Bailey suffering an "injury" that will "rule him out" of the World Cup.

Bunga
5th February 2015, 04:09 PM
Live: Clarke does it all in warm-up | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/michael-clarke-cricket-australia-xi-bangladesh-allan-border-field/2015-02-05)

Bat, bowl and field – Michael Clarke did it all at Allan Border Field on Thursday. The Australia skipper ticked off another major milestone on his journey back to full fitness just nine days out from the World Cup opener against England. The one thing missing from the encounter was any serious test of his ability to sprint under match conditions. Clarke was never required to seriously exert himself while either batting or fielding, although his bowling was an unexpected bonus.

In a 47-minute stay at the crease Clarke hit six fours in scoring 34 from 36 balls. He jogged singles and pushed harder for twos but was never really stretched. He wasn't required to sprint to make his ground, and didn’t have to chase balls in the outfield. Clarke spent 32 overs in the field – bowling the 30th and 32nd of them – with most of the rest stationed in the sips cordon.

He also fielded at short cover or short mid-wicket and spent a few overs on the boundary at deep extra cover where he was most active signing autographs and taking selfies with the fans who quickly converged on their hero. It all had more of a village cricket atmosphere than a serious examination of Australia's most scrutinised hamstrings a week out from the game's 50-over showpiece tournament. Clarke opened the batting in pursuit of the Bangladeshis total of 193 and played all the shots – square drives, front-foot punches through cover, turning fine off his pads, dancing down the wicket to the spinners. In the end, it was the leg-spin of Sabbir Rahman that ended his entertaining innings, courtesy of a faint edge behind, with Clarke walking before the umpire could raise his finger. He lost his wicket during the first over he faced from the leggie, but this trial was always about Clarke's fitness, rather than his form. In that respect, he's ticked all the boxes.

Rumblah
5th February 2015, 04:26 PM
Worth noting he went off the field after bowling, they're saying it was just a precaution thing but yeah, no idea why he even bowled to be honest.

rossi
8th February 2015, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking about going to the evening session of the warm up game today. Apparently 27000 tickets have been reserved and it's sold out for the public.

rossi
8th February 2015, 03:03 PM
Game is on crictime if anyone wants to watch

laz cat
8th February 2015, 04:40 PM
Good to see Smith get a failure out the way in a warm up match.

Rumblah
8th February 2015, 04:47 PM
Maxwell...

Rumblah
8th February 2015, 04:53 PM
Big Hads batting 10 today. (Y)

rossi
8th February 2015, 04:58 PM
Big Hads batting 10 today. (Y)

While basically every other keeper in the country gets 100

Rumblah
8th February 2015, 05:25 PM
Maxwell injured as Lynn brings up his 200.

Inb4 overlooked for some piece of shit Plebranger averaging 12.

Rumblah
8th February 2015, 05:51 PM
Lol at this. India to go out in the group stage.

rossi
8th February 2015, 07:41 PM
The constant graphic with the players' heads at the bottom if the screen is really dumb and distracting.

rossi
8th February 2015, 08:53 PM
Warner with a direct hit :itrl:

Rumblah
8th February 2015, 08:53 PM
Dat catch doe.

Rumblah
8th February 2015, 10:08 PM
India are going to struggle to make it past the group stage. They're really bad.

Bunga
9th February 2015, 02:22 PM
Zimbabwe v NZ in a warm up game today.

NZ 7/157 - Guptill made a 100 of those.

Would give Zim a real chance to beat India in the group stages.

Bunga
9th February 2015, 11:55 PM
Pakistan opener Mohammad Hafeez has been ruled out of the World Cup after suffering an ankle injury.

Big loss for the Pakis, handy spinner also who would of probably been their 5th bowler.

James Pattinson
10th February 2015, 12:06 AM
Pakistan opener Mohammad Hafeez has been ruled out of the World Cup after suffering an ankle injury.

Big loss for the Pakis, handy spinner also who would of probably been their 5th bowler.

He's not allowed to bowl at the moment. He was going to play as a batsman only.

James Pattinson
10th February 2015, 12:06 AM

He's not allowed to bowl at the moment. He was going to play as a batsman only.

Rumblah
10th February 2015, 03:10 PM
Dhawan went out for 4 and Kohli out for 5 against Afghanistan lel.

Bunga
11th February 2015, 03:09 PM
NZ 8/331. South Africa 6/70 currently :D

rossi
11th February 2015, 03:37 PM
Clarke going after better than a run a ball :dasit:

rossi
11th February 2015, 03:45 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/10/3b873526ae35a888bea8c7661f471d64.jpg
Strong strike rate from Finch

Still Waiteing
11th February 2015, 05:15 PM
Can see this World Cup ending in tears for South Africa once again.

Still Waiteing
11th February 2015, 05:17 PM
Zimbabwe beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets. Chased down 280 with 5 over spare.

Bunga
11th February 2015, 05:25 PM
NZ beat South Africa by 134 runs. Duminy made 80 & Philander 57 - looks like the Saffers are having their choke earlier than usual :goofy:

Rumblah
11th February 2015, 05:48 PM
Big Hads made a great 5 from 13 balls against the UAE. We've set them 305 to win.

rossi
11th February 2015, 05:50 PM
One run for every brain cell he has.

Bunga
12th February 2015, 12:58 PM
Clarke ruled out of MCG opener | cricket.com.au (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/michael-clarke-ruled-out-of-world-cup-opener-against-england-at-mcg/2015-02-12)

Australia skipper progressing well, but won't play against England on Saturday

Michael Clarke has been ruled out of Saturday's World Cup opener.

Australia coach Darren Lehmann confirmed on Thursday that Clarke would not play against England at the MCG. Clarke remains on track to return for Australia's second game, against Bangladesh in Brisbane on February 21.

"He's pulled up really well and he's not playing Saturday," Lehmann said of Clarke. "We're really happy with his progress. We're going to stick with the plan and he's going to play against Bangladesh." Clarke was put through his paces during Wednesday's warm-up game against the United Arab Emirates, top-scoring with 64 and bowling two overs. "He's very keen to play (against England)," Lehmann said. "We had a chat. "We're making sure he's 100 per cent ready to go for Bangladesh. "We're really comfortable with the decision."

rossi
12th February 2015, 01:22 PM
Rest him for the easy games like this

John Smith
12th February 2015, 02:02 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10507063_908628012502610_372473173764438314_o.jpg

Easty
12th February 2015, 04:28 PM
Big Down Under :drake:

James Pattinson
12th February 2015, 05:33 PM
I don't understand... if Clarke has done all this hard work... made sure he's fit, he played the warm up game... yet he's being left out of the opener? What's the point? If he's fit, play him, get his break down over early and then replace him and move the circus on and let the team focus on cricket.

Indie
12th February 2015, 05:57 PM
We're bound to lose one game in the round robin phase of the tournament. I wonder who we'll lose to.

John Smith
12th February 2015, 06:15 PM
NZ if anyone.

yeah_nah
13th February 2015, 12:27 AM
NZ if anyone.

Given we play them over there it's a huge chance

rossi
13th February 2015, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure how we ended up playing them over there. I don't know how they decided which team should get the home game but I guess we do have the final.

John Smith
13th February 2015, 11:31 PM
Australia are going to win this in a canter.

rossi
13th February 2015, 11:39 PM
Anyone want a ticket to the final? I'll sell it at cost price and you can sit with me and two mates :)

John Smith
13th February 2015, 11:51 PM
You could sell it for $5000 if India makes the final.

Triptanes
13th February 2015, 11:53 PM
You could sell it for $5000 if India makes the final.

That's a sweet deal, some Melbourne bro better take rossi up on that.

Rumblah
13th February 2015, 11:57 PM
If there were 2 tickets I could take my valentine Axel.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 09:56 AM
McCullum going ham already.

Red Bear
14th February 2015, 10:02 AM
Any streams?

Also anyway to listen to it on the net also, app or anything? very annoying I can't fine one

Raoul Duke
14th February 2015, 10:09 AM
Any streams?

Also anyway to listen to it on the net also, app or anything? very annoying I can't fine one

ABC has every game live on radio. ABC Radio (http://www.abc.net.au/radio/stations/extra/live?play=true)

Long winding river if you want it Watch Sri Lanka vs New Zealand Live Stream Online (http://firstrowau.eu/watch/320844/1/watch-sri-lanka-vs-new-zealand.html)

Indie
14th February 2015, 10:25 AM
Anyone want a ticket to the final? I'll sell it at cost price and you can sit with me and two mates :)

How much would you sell for?

Still Waiteing
14th February 2015, 11:29 AM
Williamson just fell for 57. 3/190 the Kiwis after 33 overs. Should make 320+ if they keep their wickets in hand.

Histrionics
14th February 2015, 11:34 AM
Big wicket. Taylor gone.

rossi
14th February 2015, 11:41 AM
How much would you sell for?

I think it was $150. My mates are asking their friends but no takers so far.

There are still seats available to buy but I think they start from $175.

Indie
14th February 2015, 11:57 AM
I think it was $150. My mates are asking their friends but no takers so far.

There are still seats available to buy but I think they start from $175.

Would love to go but I think it's too much all up for me with flights + accommodation.

rossi
14th February 2015, 12:01 PM
Would love to go but I think it's too much all up for me with flights + accommodation.

Yeah it's pretty fucked. All accommodation goes up that weekend too. We're driving over to save money.

Raoul Duke
14th February 2015, 12:30 PM
That could be a very costly drop.

Indie
14th February 2015, 12:30 PM
The slow-mo on the umpire just then...

Red Bear
14th February 2015, 12:31 PM
Good balance to this NZ side. McCullem up the top to blast, Williamson Taylor and Elliot can solidify middle order, then Anderson and Ronchi to score quickly at the end with the likes of Vettori, Southee who can all hit from lower in the order. 5/281 after 45.3 overs

Red Bear
14th February 2015, 12:38 PM
from bowled to no-ball + free hit.

Malinga looking tubby

Still Waiteing
14th February 2015, 12:40 PM
Would've given Ronchi out.

Histrionics
14th February 2015, 12:41 PM
Would've given Ronchi out.

This.

Still Waiteing
14th February 2015, 12:55 PM
Mendis dropping that soda from Anderson cost the Lankans about 25 runs.

Can't see Sri Lanka chasing 332

Indie
14th February 2015, 01:16 PM
Should I watch today's game on Channel Nine or Sky Sports? Listening to the sour grapes from the English commentators as we batter them is very tempting.

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 01:27 PM
Should I watch today's game on Channel Nine or Sky Sports? Listening to the sour grapes from the English commentators as we batter them is very tempting.

Still better than 9s commentary.

Isn't fox sports showing all games?

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 01:28 PM

They may be dire but at least the English guys talk cricket at some point.

Histrionics
14th February 2015, 01:33 PM
Will Fox have it's own commentators or use the ch 9 coverage?

Indie
14th February 2015, 01:42 PM
They may be dire but at least the English guys talk cricket at some point.

Yeah. They have Jason Gillespie too. He'll be interesting I reckon.

Still better than 9s commentary.

Isn't fox sports showing all games?

Yeah they are I'm pretty sure. But I don't have Foxtel.

:roo:

rossi
14th February 2015, 02:03 PM
Looks like 9 aren't commentating :banderas:

Indie
14th February 2015, 02:04 PM
England are bowling first.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 02:05 PM
Ballance in, finally. Batting 3 too.

Histrionics
14th February 2015, 02:08 PM
Looks like 9 aren't commentating :banderas:

:fap: :fap: :fap:

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 02:10 PM
Andy 'tha god' Bichel. :fap:

Indie
14th February 2015, 02:17 PM
Sky Sports keep banging on about the Australian players being under pressure due to the big crowd, which is fair enough. But I'd like to see how the likes of Finn and the entire English batting line up handle it. Should be fun.

Still Waiteing
14th February 2015, 02:23 PM
Strange decision to bowl first. Should be using the natural light. Best time to bat at the MCG.

rossi
14th February 2015, 02:26 PM
Yeah hopefully Starc will be hooping it around later

rossi
14th February 2015, 02:27 PM
Also no Doherty :banderas:

Indie
14th February 2015, 02:29 PM
There's just something about Australia wearing the all gold. Really don't know why they stray from it.

John Smith
14th February 2015, 02:30 PM
There's just something about Australia wearing the all gold. Really don't know why they stray from it.

Comm Bank sponsorship

John Smith
14th February 2015, 02:30 PM
Sort of worried Anderson goes nuts

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 02:31 PM
This seems to be Fox commentary? Heard BJ so :dasit:

Indie
14th February 2015, 02:32 PM
Sri Lanka making a right go of it right now. 91/1 after 17 overs.

Indie
14th February 2015, 02:33 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

John Smith
14th February 2015, 02:34 PM
FFS fat boy

rossi
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rumblah
That should be taken every day of the week.

John Smith
14th February 2015, 02:44 PM
No faith in fat boy

Indie
14th February 2015, 02:46 PM
Much better over.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 02:47 PM
Still worried because every ball is going in the air from Finch.

Edit - that's better fat boy.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 02:52 PM
GOAT fielding England.

rossi
fkn lol win the toss and drop catches

Indie
Well this has escalated quickly.

John Smith
14th February 2015, 02:54 PM
Nice commentary.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 03:00 PM
I know they've put down two chances but I really hope we're not going to see roads for every game.

Indie
14th February 2015, 03:03 PM
vale.

John Smith
14th February 2015, 03:04 PM
You bowl half trackers, down leg you should be punished on all pitches.

Raoul Duke
Trent Boult :fap: Getting that ball to reverse masterfully.

John Smith
You bowl half trackers, down leg you should be punished on all pitches.

Oh look what happens when you bowl full

that was a ripper

Indie
14th February 2015, 03:05 PM
Trent Boult :fap: Getting that ball to reverse masterfully.

Yeah all of a sudden Sri Lanka look buried. Not enough wickets in hand.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 03:06 PM
In strides our key.

Still Waiteing
14th February 2015, 03:06 PM
Fuck. WOATson better score runs!

John Smith
14th February 2015, 03:07 PM
In strides our key.

we are fucked

Rumblah
Out strides our key.

Dagger
Twatto gone fishing

Still Waiteing
Fuck. WOATson better score runs!

:mick:

Indie

Still Waiteing
Twatto gone fishing

Will still be undroppable somehow.

John Smith
14th February 2015, 03:10 PM
Fair carry on that bouncer

rossi
14th February 2015, 03:12 PM
Hasn't got an ODI hundred since October 2013

John Smith
14th February 2015, 03:22 PM
I'm out

Rumblah
So uhh.. fuck.

Triptanes
oh shiiiiiit

Indie
14th February 2015, 03:24 PM
Bailey is the right guy for this situation imo. Cool customer.

rossi
14th February 2015, 03:25 PM
vale us

Indie
14th February 2015, 03:26 PM
What would we take from here? I'd settle for around 260/270.

Raoul Duke
14th February 2015, 03:28 PM
Pitch is a road, run rate is still high and we have ridiculous battting depth. We still should be after 300 at this stage.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 03:30 PM
Pitch is a road, run rate is still high and we have ridiculous battting depth. We still should be after 300 at this stage.
This. Take the sting out of the quicks at the moment by all means, but 300 should still be our target.

rossi
14th February 2015, 03:30 PM
I'm scared. It depends way too much on fat boy and the big show from here.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 03:32 PM
I'm scared. It depends way too much on fat boy and the big show from here.
Big Hads will save us m8, fear not.

Still Waiteing
14th February 2015, 03:34 PM
If Maxwell and Marsh don' come out until over 35+ We'll be fine. They can bring the innings home. We just need Finch and Bailey to consolidate.

rossi
14th February 2015, 03:36 PM
I'd feel much better with Faulks down the order

Indie
14th February 2015, 03:36 PM
I'd feel much better with Faulks down the order

Bring back the super sub.

Indie
14th February 2015, 03:38 PM
Sri Lanka now 168/6 after 32 overs. Mathews still out there, but they look cooked.

rossi
14th February 2015, 03:38 PM
Bring back the super sub.

:drake: I'd completely forgotten about that rule. They were dark times.

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 03:48 PM
Quick question - if Bailey contributes big here in this semi-revival, how do you drop him for Clarke?

Inb4outnow

Triptanes
14th February 2015, 03:59 PM
Quick question - if Bailey contributes big here in this semi-revival, how do you drop him for Clarke?

Inb4outnow

Drop Smith on form :mick:

/CA

rossi
14th February 2015, 04:08 PM

Inb4outnow

Watson instead

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 04:11 PM
Watson instead
Move Smith to 3, still plenty of bowling. Makes sense but it just isn't going to happen.

Indie
14th February 2015, 04:12 PM
Errrr....

rossi
14th February 2015, 04:13 PM
Dat camera angle

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 04:27 PM
Bailey has found that pull shot.

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 04:46 PM
That graphic at the bottom is annoying*

*probably been posted a few times already

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 04:47 PM
My channel 9 is HD and fox isn't. However don't want to listen to 9 :roo:

Indie
14th February 2015, 04:55 PM
My channel 9 is HD and fox isn't. However don't want to listen to 9 :roo:

It's the same commentary team.

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:05 PM
England shitting the bed this over.

Indie
14th February 2015, 05:06 PM
Finch is ready to tee off here.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

Indie
14th February 2015, 05:07 PM
LOL WTF WAS THAT!??Q

Rumblah
Hahahaha oh my god. England are so bad.

Anyway, 50 for Bails. Bad luck Watto.

Dogbloke V3
It's the same commentary team.

So it is :drake:

LOLOLOLOLOL ENGLOLAND

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:08 PM
rekt

Indie
14th February 2015, 05:10 PM
:what:

Dogbloke V3
First decent bit of fielding from englol

whale
:v

Rumblah
First decent bit of fielding from englol
Morgan is usually pretty good, though he isn't English to be fair.

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:11 PM
Vale. He did his job but a few more overs would have been nice.

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 05:11 PM
Carn big show

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 05:13 PM
Should be looking at min 320 from here. 8 per over shouldn't be too hard with wickets in the shed.

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 05:15 PM
Maxy I've always like ya mate

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:15 PM
Should be looking at min 320 from here. 8 per over shouldn't be too hard with wickets in the shed.

100 off the last 10 should be what we want with this many wickets

Indie
14th February 2015, 05:16 PM
Well fuck me.

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:17 PM
Ffs

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 05:17 PM
Don't worry guys wasn't Maxy

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 05:28 PM
Could still get 320 with how deep we bat

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 05:34 PM
big show theme song crank it up with lyrics - YouTube (http://youtu.be/X0P8nN6CPTE)

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:44 PM
Chris WOATes

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 05:46 PM
Maxgoat

Indie
14th February 2015, 05:49 PM
Seems like every time we're about to really get on top we lose a wicket. Frustrating.

rossi
14th February 2015, 05:50 PM
Yay Haddin is in

Easty
14th February 2015, 05:52 PM
Maxwell actually is ok when he plays ball on their merit, rather than inventing shots.

John Smith
14th February 2015, 05:53 PM
When Maxwell stands still he is a quality batsman.

Dogbloke V3
Maxy proving to everybody he is world class

John Smith
Just get Big Show on strike Haddin you pleb

Rumblah
14th February 2015, 05:56 PM
He's starting to invent again.. end is near.

Indie
14th February 2015, 05:59 PM
We've batted exceptionally well for all but 3 overs in this innings.

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 06:03 PM
Fuck off hads just stay at the bowlers end cunt

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 06:05 PM
NOOO FUCK OFF UMPIRE THATS NOT ON! EVERYBODY KNOWS ICC RULE 17.7 HADDINS RUNS DONT COUNT. GET MAXY ON FUCKING HELL

Dogbloke V3
14th February 2015, 06:08 PM
Maxy is goat Rumblah