PDA

View Full Version : ODI Tour of the West Indies (feat. South Africa)

Rumblah
3rd June 2016, 08:49 PM
When: The first match begins this Friday, 1pm local time (3am AEST on Saturday) at Providence Stadium in Guyana. Australia’s first match is against the Windies on June 5 (3am AEST on June 6) at the same venue.

Australia: Steve Smith (c), David Warner, George Bailey, Scott Boland, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

West Indies: Jason Holder (c), Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Johnson Charles, Andre Fletcher, Shannon Gabriel, Sunil Narine, Ashley Nurse, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor

South Africa: AB de Villiers (c), Kyle Abbott, Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock, JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Kagiso Rabada, Rilee Rossouw, Tabraiz Shamsi

The form: Australia’s last hit-out in the 50-over format was in early February, when the No.1 ranked ODI side suffered a 2-1 Chappell-Hadlee series loss to New Zealand in Hamilton. The Black Caps won the first match of the series by a whopping 159 runs, before Australia bounced back courtesy of an unbeaten 69 from Mitch Marsh and an impressive debut for Adam Zampa to level the series in Wellington. But the hosts reigned supreme in a gripping final contest in Hamilton, winning by 55 runs amid high drama. South Africa’s last 50-over outing was also in February, when the Proteas bounced back after losing their first two matches to England to take a 3-2 series victory. Centuries to Quinton de Kock and Hashim Amla helped South Africa chase down 318 in Centurion, before a four-wicket haul from Kagiso Rabada levelled the series in Johannesburg. An unbeaten ton from skipper AB de Villiers was then enough to clinch the series in Cape Town. The Windies haven’t played an ODI since early November last year, when they were whitewashed 3-0 in Sri Lanka. The bright spot for the Windies in that series was the form of veteran batsman Marlon Samuels, who scored fifty in the second match before compiling an unbeaten century in the third ODI.

What they said? "I hate the word 'rotation' but we have to manage it really well” – stand-in coach Justin Langer intimating that there will be plenty of changes in the Australia XI during the series with multiple players returning from injury or long lay-offs.

:disappoint:

So ye think the start of these games combined with it being an ODI series and Scott Boland featuring yet again will have many of us checking the scores in the morning. It's probably going to be pointless attempting to pick our XI but I'll give it a shot.

Fat boy
Warner
Smith
Bailey
Maxwell
Marsh
Wade
Faulkner
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

Only change I'd like off the top of my head would be Usman in anywhere, guess he could play instead of Bailey and push Smith down to four. With so many guys returning from IPL commitments it should be fun to watch guys struggle with timing, placement and everything else you lose after playing see ball hit ball.

Bunga
3rd June 2016, 08:51 PM
Usman must play, Bailey out, Smith to bat at 4 - simples.

Gamblor
4th June 2016, 01:21 AM
I intend watching if anything to try and make free $$$

But I'll probably fall asleep in the next half hour and not wake up til morning :roo:

Rumblah
4th June 2016, 01:34 AM
I intend watching if anything to try and make free $$$

But I'll probably fall asleep in the next half hour and not wake up til morning :roo:
We don't play until Monday morning m8. Windies v WOAT accent cunts tonight.

Gamblor
4th June 2016, 01:35 AM
Shows how tired I am, comprehension skills are shit. I can't be fucked watching Saffas vs Windies even for prospect of free $$$

Rumblah
4th June 2016, 09:23 PM
So Narine huh? 6/27 just to kick things off. Rip us if he's going to go ham.

Rumblah
5th June 2016, 03:08 PM
AUSTRALIA'S 12-MAN SQUAD (final XI TBA):*Aaron Finch, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, Scott Boland, Nathan Lyon.

Seems to be written in starting order. Get ready boys, Scott Boland gets another shot.

showdownhero
8th June 2016, 12:09 PM
Blerg

Rumblah
8th June 2016, 12:22 PM
Fuck it's refreshing to see ball dominate bat. Our ability to get stuck in is still non existent.

Bunga
8th June 2016, 12:53 PM
Big show's last 5 international innings :- 0, 6, 0, 0 & 3.

:mick:

showdownhero
8th June 2016, 02:12 PM
3 blokes hit double figures, including number 10 and 11

:v

Rumblah
11th June 2016, 08:50 PM
67m straight boundaries tonight should provide those underperforming batsman with some extra incentive to not be dumb mutts.

Inb4 they're worse.

showdownhero
12th June 2016, 11:27 AM
Saffers more or less on track to get this done

Rumblah
12th June 2016, 12:30 PM
Soft as fuck from Duminy.

Rumblah
12th June 2016, 12:51 PM
Ughhhh go away Wade. Just cost Zampa his 4th.

Rumblah
12th June 2016, 12:59 PM
Lol at losing 7-42 at the back end. Pea hearts. Good win for us.

Rumblah
14th June 2016, 12:39 PM
Lost to the West Indies :mick:

rossi
22nd June 2016, 12:30 PM
The GOAT Show

Gamblor
22nd June 2016, 12:37 PM
Maxy pulling out all the tricks. The reverse slog sweeps are just :jagsfan:

Absolutely middled that one off Narine

Bunga
22nd June 2016, 01:39 PM
Mitchell Marsh :dasit:

Rumblah
22nd June 2016, 01:51 PM
Boland 2-70 and a Wade drop. Standard day at the office for those lads. Smith and Mitch tho :banderas: