Close

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 840
  1. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Level
    4094
    Rep Power
    137
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Dat Viney pick. Pretty sure that you're research was looking up "players with no preseason"

    Should be interesting!

    Team is set.

  2. #52
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    15,578
    Rep Level
    28032
    Rep Power
    909
    WCE Toast WCE

  3. #53
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    15,578
    Rep Level
    28032
    Rep Power
    909
    WCE Toast WCE
    Just melaniej to go, I think

  4. #54
    Veteran DALBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    WAIKIKI
    Teams
    West Coast
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Level
    4068
    Rep Power
    135
    WCE NULL NULL
    No Clarke, Woosha has lost it completely.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

  5. #55
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,387
    Rep Level
    3119
    Rep Power
    92
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Done, sorry! Had a footy game to get to

  6. #56
    Big Al Baron Samedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Level
    12600
    Rep Power
    290
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    See what happens when you don't put Rocky, Boak or Westhoff in

  7. #57
    Big Al Baron Samedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Level
    12600
    Rep Power
    290
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    And worpel

  8. #58
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    15,578
    Rep Level
    28032
    Rep Power
    909
    WCE Toast WCE


    They’re your teams now

  9. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Level
    4094
    Rep Power
    137
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Still off to a better start than my SC team at least...

  10. #60
    Veteran whale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Posts
    2,788
    Rep Level
    8874
    Rep Power
    205
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Vc'd Grundy and forgot to change my captain after he did shit oops
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

    wowowowowow

  11. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Level
    4094
    Rep Power
    137
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    I'm going to lap up my lead as it may be the last time I'm ahead all season

  12. #62
    Big Al Baron Samedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Level
    12600
    Rep Power
    290
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    and I'll relish not being worst

  13. #63
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    In the money
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Level
    12251
    Rep Power
    340
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    equal last for the Balga Blackboys

  14. #64
    Veteran trigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Posts
    3,186
    Rep Level
    6603
    Rep Power
    199
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Didnt actual update my team, so whatever Baron did for me is what it ended up being. I'm in now though.

  15. #65
    Big Al Baron Samedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Level
    12600
    Rep Power
    290
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah just gave you the default lineup that Tripface set out.

  16. #66
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    15,578
    Rep Level
    28032
    Rep Power
    909
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    LOL @ starting Gibbons btw
    Thanks for alerting me that some teams may not have been selected correctly The team posted on Thursday (and Friday) stated players were to be selected exactly as posted. As a result four teams will have a score correction to attempt to minimize unfairness to other coaches.

    Please refer to Exhibit A:
    RDT Trading Challenge 2019

    And Exhibit B:
    RDT Trading Challenge 2019

    6 out of 10 coaches managed to select their teams as stated. 4 coaches were delinquent. These coaches were:

    (1) wogitalia, (2) Baron Samedi (3) whale who had a midfield bench of Gibbons, Constable, Atkins. And a field that included Walsh, Scott, Butters.

    (4) Narkee who had a midfield bench of Gibbons, Atkins, Scott. And a field that included Walsh, Butters, Constable.

    As the team posted on Thursday included Gibbons on the field, these 4 teams also should have included Gibbons on the field. The players considered in this, and their scores are:
    Scott 97
    Walsh 87
    Constable 82
    Butters 64
    Gibbons 43

    I will take for granted that all four coaches would have selected Walsh in their team. The next part is a little trickier. The decision is that you will keep your highest scoring rookies scores. This results in a correction of -21 points to the Round 1 score of all fours teams involved. That is the difference between Butters’ score and Gibbons’ score.

    I don’t believe that this is the fairest solution for the other coaches that selected their teams correctly, as the benefit of the doubt has allowed you to retain the highest scoring rookie. I do believe it is the neatest way of solving this. You may appeal this decision by (1) tagging me in this thread and (2) providing me with evidence that my judgement is incorrect. I will hear the appeal. If you choose to appeal any score correction may be either increased, decrease or stay the same. To this point, I did not consider penalties in this judgement, although this has taken up admin time.

  17. #67
    Veteran Triptanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    15,578
    Rep Level
    28032
    Rep Power
    909
    WCE Toast WCE
    Leaderboard (and Round 1 scores)
    2024 DALBS
    1998 Baron
    1976 Narkee
    1969 yenny
    1968 whale
    1958 triptanes
    1958 trigg
    1951 MJ
    1951 Gamblor

    Please remember to post you captain selections, captain score and total score in your reserved post on page 1 before the end of Tuesday. This should be done every week from now on, and in future also include trades made.

    EDIT: table now in post #2 of this thread that you can copypasta to make it easier
    Last edited by Triptanes; 2nd April 2019 at 11:19 PM.

  18. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Level
    4094
    Rep Power
    137
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    I'm going to challenge that point deduction on behalf of everyone...

    Firstly

    2. Everyone starts with the same team. The difference as the season goes on comes from your trading, team selection and captain selection (for round 1 the only choice you have is on-field and captain selections). You may begin making initial team suggestions from now.
    Your rules in the first post specifically state that we have control of on-field selections for round 1.

    Secondly

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Now everyone has a spot you can talk in this thread. I'll delete a few of my above posts later. For now enter this team if you haven't already done so (don't panic if you already have, its the same as the one already posted)

    Your final post does not state at any point that we have to exactly copy it, simply that this is the team we must pick.

    If you can't even post it right in the final posting of the team you can't expect people to be cherry picking minutia out of previous posts, we're obviously going to use the final post of the team as that is the accurate one, especially when you confirm there is no reason to look at the previous post and when the rules clearly state it is our job to pick who is on field and who isn't.

  19. #69
    Big Al Baron Samedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Level
    12600
    Rep Power
    290
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah that's trash. Contradicted yourself with that. Why does it matter if we started different guys on the field for the Thursday game?

  20. #70
    Veteran Narkee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Posts
    4,207
    Rep Level
    7995
    Rep Power
    253
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool


    As long as the players selected are exactly the same, it is irrelevant who you start. That is the point.

  21. #71
    Veteran trigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Posts
    3,186
    Rep Level
    6603
    Rep Power
    199
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Yeah I'm not one of the ones who changed it, but I'm under the impression you could change the starting positions of players.

    I say leave the scores as is as long as they have the same players.

  22. #72
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    In the money
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Level
    12251
    Rep Power
    340
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    for me personally

    As long as the final squads are the same I don't mind. And I'm the goober in last place who did copy the team exactly

  23. #73
    Veteran yeah_nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    12,008
    Rep Level
    26206
    Rep Power
    748
    It was pretty clear tbh you fucking plebs

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

    I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

  24. #74
    Big Al Baron Samedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Level
    12600
    Rep Power
    290
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    It was pretty clear tbh you fucking plebs

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    not really, considering how this has historically worked and Trippers' instructions being ambiguous - it's easy to see how the emphasis on "exact same lineup" was interpreted as making sure you started with the same players rather than the same field positions of these players. seeing as half of the people did it (not counting trippers himself and the absent trigg) then yeah not clear at all cuh

  25. #75
    Veteran whale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Posts
    2,788
    Rep Level
    8874
    Rep Power
    205
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Thanks for alerting me that some teams may not have been selected correctly The team posted on Thursday (and Friday) stated players were to be selected exactly as posted. As a result four teams will have a score correction to attempt to minimize unfairness to other coaches.

    Please refer to Exhibit A:
    RDT Trading Challenge 2019

    And Exhibit B:
    RDT Trading Challenge 2019

    6 out of 10 coaches managed to select their teams as stated. 4 coaches were delinquent. These coaches were:

    (1) wogitalia, (2) Baron Samedi (3) whale who had a midfield bench of Gibbons, Constable, Atkins. And a field that included Walsh, Scott, Butters.

    (4) Narkee who had a midfield bench of Gibbons, Atkins, Scott. And a field that included Walsh, Butters, Constable.

    As the team posted on Thursday included Gibbons on the field, these 4 teams also should have included Gibbons on the field. The players considered in this, and their scores are:
    Scott 97
    Walsh 87
    Constable 82
    Butters 64
    Gibbons 43

    I will take for granted that all four coaches would have selected Walsh in their team. The next part is a little trickier. The decision is that you will keep your highest scoring rookies scores. This results in a correction of -21 points to the Round 1 score of all fours teams involved. That is the difference between Butters’ score and Gibbons’ score.

    I don’t believe that this is the fairest solution for the other coaches that selected their teams correctly, as the benefit of the doubt has allowed you to retain the highest scoring rookie. I do believe it is the neatest way of solving this. You may appeal this decision by (1) tagging me in this thread and (2) providing me with evidence that my judgement is incorrect. I will hear the appeal. If you choose to appeal any score correction may be either increased, decrease or stay the same. To this point, I did not consider penalties in this judgement, although this has taken up admin time.
    u wot m8
    Last edited by whale; 26th March 2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

    wowowowowow

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •